The Creases tool is built-in in Photos app and you can use it to remove creases from your photos.
Creases tool can also straighten photos that you took while moving.
- Creases in photos are natural occurrences, and in most cases, they are hardly visible.
- However, in some cases, they can ruin your photograph, and in this case, we recommend resizing your pictures.
- We also recommend saving your folded photos as PNG files.
Check your internet connection
- Creases in some photos could be caused by a weak internet connection. There might be issues with your connection, and that’s why the photo isn’t loading properly.
Check for SD card write errors
- Check your SD card for write errors. It could be possible that the card is full, and Photoshop couldn’t be able to write any data to it.
- Try using a different SD card.
Run the SD card test
- Insert the SD card into your PC.
- Open Photos.
- Right-click on the SD card and select Format.
- Allow the format to complete.
Use an external card reader
Plug in your external card reader to your computer.
Select My computer from the Start menu.
- Right-click on the removable drive and select Format.
Select a file system from the Format options (ex. FAT32).
- Set the Allocation unit size according to the way the drive will be used (ex. 32 MB).
- Click on Start to begin formatting.
- Unplug the external drive from your computer.
- Connect your external drive to the computer.
- Open Photos.
- Select Organize.
- Click Albums from the left panel.
- Select Add.
- Select External drive.
- Open your external drive.
- Select the folder that contains the photo(s) that you are trying to open and click Open.
Try a different USB port
- If the port is faulty, you won’t be able to transfer data from your SD card to your computer.
- Try a different SD card reader
Add more RAM
- Adding more RAM to your PC can improve Photoshop performance.
- Resize the image
Sometimes a crease in a photo is caused by a pixelated or low-quality image.
- Try printing the image
If you are able to print the image, try printing it to see if it resolves the creases.