Users reported audio errors when installing or updating Realtek audio drivers.
> After updating my Realtek audio driver to the latest version, Windows 10 > crashes. The error 10 is showing up in the Windows event logs.
Here are the resolutions to fix this error.
- If you get errors while trying to install your Realtek drivers, then you should know that your hardware might be too old.
- Another possible issue is that your drivers are outdated, so make sure that you install the latest drivers.
- If Realtek audio driver error code 30 keeps popping up, it might be due to system errors.
Disconnect devices connected to the computer
- Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer. This includes printers, scanners, and cameras.
- Remove all unnecessary USB devices from the computer.
- Disconnect all audio devices connected to the computer.
- Restart the computer.
- Reconnect your USB devices and reconnect the audio devices.
- Try using the device and see if the error reoccurs.
Update your audio drivers
- Click the Start button.
- In the search box, type Device Manager.
- Right-click Device Manager and selectRun as administrator from the context menu.
- Expand Sound, video and game controllers.
- Right-click on Realtek High Definition Audio and select Update driver software.
- Select Search automatically for drivers from the Software update window.
- Select Install the software automatically and OK.
- Restart your PC.
- Check if the driver version has been updated.
Install the Realtek audio driver manually
- Download the latest version of Realtek audio driver.
- Restart your computer.
- When the computer starts, go to the Device Manager.
- Right-click on Realtek High Definition Audio.
- Select Update Driver Software.
- Select the Browse my computer for driver software option.
- Select the Browse button.
- Browse to the folder where the downloaded driver file is located.
- Select the driver file and click Open.
Reset your audio settings
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- Navigate to the Update & Security section.
- Select Recovery from the left pane.
- Click on Get Started under the Reset this PC section.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset.