Avast is a prominent antivirus software brand, and millions of users around the world trust it to protect their devices.
Unfortunately, some users encountered an error while installing Avast. Avast Auto Installed error usually appears when users use Windows 10 64-bit.
- Avast AutoInstall is an Avast feature that automatically installs Avast products on your computer.
- Avast AutoInstall automatically installs Avast Antivirus on your computer, but some users reported that it didn’t work.
- To fix this issue, you might need to uninstall the Avast AutoInstall program.
Run Avast’s troubleshooter
- To do that you can use Windows Key + I to open the Settings app, then go to Update & Security.
- Select Troubleshoot from the menu on the left, and click on Additional troubleshooters.
- Choose Avast Antivirus and click Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the troubleshooting process.
Update Avast to the latest version
- Open Avast from the Start menu.
- Click Menu, then select Settings in the left pane.
- On the General Settings tab, click the Update tab.
- Click the Update Now button.
Disable third-party antivirus
- Check if third-party antivirus is installed and disable it.
- Open Avast antivirus and navigate to Settings > General.
- Disable any third-party antivirus installed on your computer.
Run the Cleanup tool
- Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- Now navigate to the Update & Security section.
- Select Recovery from the left pane. Click on Get started under Reset this PC.
- Again, click on Get started under Advanced startup.
- Finally, click on Troubleshoot.
- Choose Command prompt from the list and click Run as administrator.
- Now, run the command below: sfc /scannow
- Wait for the scanning process to complete.
- Once the process is finished, try to install the Avast Antivirus again.
Make sure that Avast is not blocked
- Press Windows key + R to open Run.
- Type services.msc and click OK to open the Services window.
- Scroll down and double-click Avast Antivirus Service to open the Properties window as in the snapshot directly below.
- Select the Startup type option on the General tab as in the snapshot directly below.
- Select the Automatic option on the Startup type drop-down menu.
- Click OK to save the change.
Run Avast Cleanup tool
- Run Avast Cleanup tool. Click the Avast Cleanup tool icon on the desktop.
- Select the Fix problems option.
- Then select the junk files button.
- Click the Clean button.