Any printer that prints on CDs or DVDs is called a CD DVD printer. These printers are very useful and they are also used as data storage devices.
CD DVD printers are very useful, but some users reported CD DVD printer issues.
> I had installed a epson cd printer cx5400 printer for a cd rom drive but > everytime i try to print it says no print ribbon is installed.
In this article, we explore the best CD DVD printer and we provide troubleshooting tips for any CD DVD printer issues.
- The CD DVD Printer is an integral part of Windows, but sometimes it doesn’t work properly.
- This article includes some solutions for this printer, both manual and automatic.
- The CD DVD printer doesn’t work in Windows 10 can mostly be resolved by updating the drivers.
Perform a test print
- Perform a test print or test page of your document, if you happen to have one, to check if your issue is the same.
- If the problem still persists, try printer reset
If the problem still persists, try printer reset first.
- Similar to other printers, your CD DVD printer has specific instructions on how to perform the procedure.
Check your printer driver
- Right-click the Start button and choose Device Manager from the list of options.
- Double-click on the CD/DVD Drive to expand it.
- Right-click on the CD/DVD drive and choose Update driver.
- Choose the Search automatically for drivers option and click on the Next button.
Make sure that your printer is switched on
- Make sure that the printer is connected to a working power supply
Make sure that the printer’s tray is loaded
- Check to be sure the printer is turned on
Make sure that your printer is working
Load blank paper in your printer’s tray.
Power on the printer.
Press the Start button and type Devices and Printers.
Press the Enter key.
- Right-click on your printer and Properties.
- Make sure that your printer is switched on and connected to your computer.
- If the problem is due to paper jam, open the printer’s tray and remove any papers that may be stuck.
Update your printer driver
- Go to your browser and type in your printer model and download the printer drivers
- After updating the drivers reboot the computer