PC cleaning software can clean the registry, delete temporary files, and defrag the hard drive, to name a few features.
If your computer is running slowly, PC cleaner software can get rid of the junk data, speed up your computer, and make it run more efficiently.
There are many freeware PC cleaner software out there, but not all of them will be useful to you.
In this article, we explore the best freeware PC cleaner software and help you choose the best one.
- PC Cleaner is an outstanding freeware tool that will eliminate any unnecessary files.
- This superb tool will not only remove junk files, but also scan your computer for errors.
- C Cleaner will analyze all installed software on your PC and allow you to uninstall them.
Use dedicated software
- Download programs from the official websites only.
- Avoid downloading third-party software from third-party sources, as they might contain malware.
- Use caution when downloading any software.
Run SFC and DISM
- Press the Windows + S keys on your keyboard.
- Type cmd, then right-click on Command prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Type sfc/scannow in the Command prompt input and the results will be displayed.
- If there is a repair tool, run the command DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
Run the chkdsk /r command
- To open Command prompt, click the Windows key + R hotkey.
- Then input chkdsk /r in the Open box, and press the Enter key.
Install the latest Windows Updates
- Install the latest Windows Updates on your computer.
- A cleaner or a malware removal program will not work properly if your computer is infected with a virus or malware.
- Therefore, make sure that your computer is free from malware and viruses.
- Remove all the junk files in your computer
Open File Explorer by pressing the Windows key + E keyboard shortcut.
- Then, enter the following file path in the address bar: /C/Users/YourUserName/AppData/Local/Microsoft
- Open a .tmp file in the folder.
- Then, delete the file by right-clicking it and selecting Delete.
Use an elevated command prompt
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Command prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin).
- When Command prompt starts, run the following command: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After scanning is completed, restart your computer.