Many users reported that their On Screen Display (OSD) software is not working.
If you’re facing this issue on your PC, don’t worry. In this guide, we will explore some of the best On Screen Display software that you can use.
- On-screen display software is a must-have tool for many, as it allows users to easily control their PC.
- Many users reported that their On-screen display software is not working, so today we’ll show you how to fix it.
Give the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware tool a try
- If the issue is caused by a malware, this tool should be able to help you solve it.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware tool and install it on your PC.
- After the installation process is complete, simply update its database and scan your PC.
- If malware is detected, it will be automatically removed.
- Restart your PC afterward.
Check Task Manager
- In Windows 10 Task Manager, right-click on the problem process and select End task
- In Windows 8 Task Manager, select End Task
- In Windows 7, click Start
- Select All Programs
- Select Accessories
- Right-click on the Start menu
- Select Task Manager
- Right-click on the problem process and select End task
- Click Start
- Type cmd
- Right-click on Command prompt
- Select Run as administrator
- Type sfc /scannow
- Press Enter
- Restart your computer
Select the right display output
- Check the device panel settings to make sure that you have the DVI / HDMI input selected.
- Check the Monitor settings for display resolution
For HDMI connections, use the DVI-to-HDMI adapter. The adapter will convert the HDMI signal to DVI, allowing you to connect your PC to an external display.
Install the latest updates
- On-screen display software requires the latest updates to run properly. Therefore, try updating your OOS software to the latest version.
- Disable other software
Disable any third-party software running in the background.
- Disable visual effects
- Disable any graphics-intensive visual effects running in the background.
Disable your antivirus
- Disable your antivirus during installation of On Screen Display software, then enable it after the installation is complete.
- Update your On Screen Display software
- Updating the software can fix the On Screen Display software bugs.
- Use another user account
- Your antivirus software can interfere with your On Screen Display software.
- Use a different computer
- If you experience issues with On Screen Display software on your computer, try using another computer.
Change display resolution
- Many graphics cards have an option to change the screen resolution. If you are using an integrated graphics card, you will have to upgrade your video card to make this option available.
- Change refresh rate
This tip will resolve the choppy video issues caused by flickering frames. You can adjust the refresh rate of the monitor to reduce the flickering effect.