Scanos 0 error appears during installation of Windows 10 and impacts several users.
> I keep getting the following error when I try to install windows 10.
> The Scanos 0 error stops the installation.
- The bootrec scanos 0 error keeps many users from installing certain updates.
- One way to fix this issue is to re-image the installation media.
- To fix this error, you can also use the GMER tool.
Use System Restore
- Go to Start > type System Restore > select the result
- Next, click the Next button > select Restore my computer to an earlier time
- Select the desired restore point > wait for the process to finish
Perform a System Restore
- To perform a System Restore, press the Windows key + S hotkey, type system restore, and select the relevant search result.
- Click Choose a different restore point on System Restore’s window, and select a restore point.
- Click Next on the window that opens.
- Then press the Apply button.
- Click Next on the following window.
- Select the Finish button.
- If System Restore confirms that a scan result has a restore point, it will automatically restore the system to that restore point.
Use Command prompt
- Open Command prompt as administrator. To do that, right-click on the Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
- When Command prompt starts, enter the following command: sfc/scannow
- Wait for the process to be completed (it can take a while).
- Restart your computer.
Use System Image Backup and Restore
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app, and then click on Update & Security.
- Under the Recovery section, click on Create a system image.
- Follow on-screen instructions to create a backup.
Perform a Clean Install
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings app, and select the Update & Security option.
- Click on Recovery from the left pane, and click on the Get started button under Reset this PC.
- Select Keep my files, and click on Next.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
How do I fix Bootrec scanos 0?
- Press the Windows key + S keyboard shortcut.
- Enter command prompt in the search box.
- Click Run as administrator under the Command prompt search result.
- Enter the following line: sfc/scannow
- Press the Enter key.
- Then, input the /scannow command without quotes.
- Click the OK button on the System File Checker window.
- Wait for the command to complete.