In this guide, we will cover some of the most common Call of Duty: Modern Warfare issues, as well as their fixes.
- The Call of Duty Modern Warfare game doesn’t install error can be due to corruption issues.
- We recommend using a dedicated tool to fix corrupted game files.
- Running the Windows 10 built-in troubleshooter can do wonders in this case.
Use the Troubleshooter
- Open the Windows Search bar, type troubleshooting, and select Troubleshooting from the list.
- Click on the Gaming option to expand it.
- Select Yes in the Play games troubleshooter.
- After that, try installing the game again.
- Download the game in parts
- Disable anti-virus
- Update your graphics card drivers
Verify the integrity of your game cache
Type in File Explorer “%LOCALAPPDATA%”
Locate the “Call of Duty” folder
Open “Saves” directory
Locate the “Modern Warfare” folder
Delete the “cache” folder
Open “Call of Duty” folder
Restart the “Call of Duty Modern Warfare” game and check if the error is gone
Run the game as an administrator
- To do that, right-click on the Modern Warfare 2 icon on your desktop > select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab > check the Run this program as an administrator option > click OK.
Disable antivirus program
- Open your antivirus program.
- Click the Antivirus program for Windows.
- Select Settings from the left pane.
- From the list, select Exclusion.
- Add the following paths:
Program Files > Activision Games > Call of Duty Infinite Warfare > Binaries
- Program Files > Activision Games > Call of Duty Infinite Warfare > Data
- Program Files > Activision Games > Call of Duty Infinite Warfare > Maps
- Program Files > Activision Games > Call of Duty Infinite Warfare > Mods
- Program Files > Activision Games > Call of Duty Infinite Warfare > Mods For Windows
- Close the antivirus program and relaunch the Call of Duty Infinite Warfare game.
Update your graphics card driver
- Go to your graphics card manufacturer’s website and download the latest graphics card driver.
- Install the driver and reboot your PC.
Disable your antivirus
- Some antivirus and firewall tools can conflict with certain games, and that can lead to errors like Call of Duty Modern Warfare Launcher can’t install.
- So, disable the antivirus and firewall, and then try installing the game.
- In case you don’t have a third-party antivirus, just disable Windows Defender.