GoPro cameras are popular among adventure enthusiasts, but you can also use one of these devices as a security camera.
GoPro cameras are quite versatile, and you can use them to record 4K videos, capture still images, and stream live footage.
The GoPro camera is compact, rugged, and waterproof, and it can be used in all kinds of weather and environments.
Given these characteristics, the GoPro camera can be the perfect device to use as a home security camera.
So, if you own a GoPro camera, you can use it to record live footage around your house.
This article will show you the best GoPro camera apps for home security, so you can keep an eye on your house at all times.
- The GoPro is a great action camera, but you can use it much beyond sports.
- You can use it as a home security camera thanks to its many features.
Check the camera’s status
- Make sure your GoPro camera is powered on.
- The status light should be green.
- If the camera isn’t on, press the GoPro camera power button to turn it back on.
- Check the camera’s Wi-Fi status
Press the GoPro camera power button to turn it back on.
- Then, press the GoPro camera Wi-Fi button.
- If the status light flashes green, the camera is connected to Wi-Fi.
- If the camera’s Wi-Fi status isn’t green, press the GoPro camera power button to turn it back on.
- Then, press the GoPro camera Wi-Fi button again.
Connect the camera to a different Wi-Fi router
- The extreme signal strength of GoPro Wi-Fi cameras can sometimes disable other Wi-Fi devices.
- Disconnect other Wi-Fi devices from the network
Update the camera’s firmware
- Go to GoPro’s website, download the firmware, and install it
- Go to GoPro’s website, download the latest drivers and install them
Reinstall the GoPro App
- Press Windows Key + I to open Settings, and select Apps.
- Locate the GoPro app, right-click on it, and select Uninstall.
- Restart the computer, and go to your GoPro app download page and re-download the app.
- Edit the Recording Settings
Go to your GoPro app, launch it, and open its Settings.
- Go to the Wireless Settings tab, and then press on the Edit button.
- Turn off the Video Stabilization, and set the Field of View to Wide.
Clear the App’s cache
- GoPro app downloads a cache that can sometimes cause the camera to work incorrectly.
- To clear the cache, click the Settings icon on the app’s main screen.
- Then, select General Settings on the Settings screen.
- Next, click the Clear Cache button.
- Retry the GoPro app to see if it’s working OK now.
- Reinstalling the GoPro app
To reinstall the app, click the Settings icon.
- Select the General tab.
- Select Uninstall.
- Then, click the Uninstall button.
- Press the Windows + I key combination to open the Settings app and select Apps from the left panel.
- Select the GoPro app and click the Uninstall button.
Reset the camera
- Remove the microSD card
Reset the GoPro â€“ Advanced method
- Re-pair the camera
- Repair the GoPro network
- Disable WiFi feature
- Connect the camera directly to your phone
- Use a third-party app
Disable Wi-Fi on the camera
- The Wi-Fi feature on GoPro cameras causes interference. So, try disabling Wi-Fi on the camera and only turn it on when needed.
- Remove external antennas
Remove any external antennas attached to the camera.
- Additionally, if the camera has external antennas, make sure the camera is set with its default Wi-Fi mode and that the camera isn’t connected to the GoPro app.
- Move the camera to an isolated area in your home
It’s best to place the camera in an area of your home that isn’t too close to your Wi-Fi router.
- This is because the network signal can interfere with camera signals.
- Additionally, sometimes the camera’s Wi-Fi signal can interfere with other Wi-Fi routers in the area.
- Disable Bluetooth
Another possible cause for signal interference is the GoPro’s Bluetooth feature. So, disable the feature by going into the GoPro settings menu.
Turn off Bluetooth on the camera
- Turn off Wi-Fi on the camera
Sign up for the GoPro Plus subscription
Use an external microphone
Connect the camera to an external power source
Connect the camera to an external hard drive
- Attach the camera to a tripod
- Mount the camera to your car
- Take photos of your home from different angles
Reset the camera to factory settings
- Disconnect the Wi-Fi from the GoPro
- Set the camera at the location you need to monitor
- Enable the Wi-Fi feature and connect to the camera
- Set up the camera to send you a live video feed
- Download the GoPro App
- Use the app to display the camera on your TV
Use a different Wi-Fi network
- Many users experience this issue after using the GoPro camera on the same Wi-Fi network as the router.
- To resolve this problem, use a different Wi-Fi network.