Snapchat is one of the most popular social media apps in the world, and it has over 166 million daily active users. However, some users have stated on the SnapChat forums that they cannot open Snapchat.
- Snapchat is a popular messaging app, but many users reported they can’t open it.
- If your Snapchat app won’t open or crashes, try to reinstall it.
- To fix Snapchat, reset the app’s settings, or clear the cache from Settings and the app’s data.
- Open Settings and navigate to Apps and Features.
- Locate Snapchat on the list, click on it, and select Uninstall.
- Now, follow further instructions to complete the removal process.
Clear Cache & Data
- Close all Snapchat apps on your device.
- Now go to Settings > Apps > Snapchat > Storage > Clear Cache.
- Disable Snapchat From Your Device
Go to Settings > Apps > Snapchat > Storage > Disable.
- Now go to Settings > Apps > Snapchat > Storage > Clear Data.
- Restart Your Device
Restart your device.
- Step 1. First of all, update your Snapchat app from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Step 2. After updating, restart your Android smartphone and try opening Snapchat app again.
- Reset Your Snapchat Account
Step 1. Open the Settings app and tap on your Snapchat app.
- Step 2. Tap on Reset.
- Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your Snapchat account and check if that resolves the problem.
- Update Snapchat on Your Phone
Step 1. Launch Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Step 2. Tap on My apps & games.
- Step 3. Find Snapchat app and tap on it.
- Step 4. Tap on Update.
Turn off Snapchat
- Press the Windows key, type Snapchat, and open the app from the search results.
- Tap on the Settings icon.
- Toggle the Snapchat toggle to Off.
- Restart your phone.
- Enable Snapchat
Open the Snapchat app, and tap the three-line icon.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Toggle the Snapchat toggle to On.
Turn on Snapchat
- Open Snapchat on your Android phone.
- Tap on the Snapchat icon to open up the app.
- Click on the three vertical dots at the top right corner.
- Tap on Settings.
- Under Account, tap on the Show Advanced Options.
- Under Privacy, turn on the switch next to “Allow Snapchat to access photos/media on your device” and “Allow Snapchat to access contacts on your device”.
- Now, check if the Snapchat app opens without any issues.
- Restart your device
Restarting your device sometimes fixes the Snapchat error. To restart your device, press and hold the Power button.
- Wait for a few seconds until the device shuts down.
- Turn on your device again.