Clipboard manager is a Windows feature that allows you to copy multiple items or multiple instances of the same item in one operation.
Clipboard manager is built-in to Windows 10, but Windows 7 lacks this feature.
Users have reported that Clipboard manager fails to download or is downloaded as Clipboard manager (32-bit), instead of Clipboard manager (64-bit).
- Users reported that clipboard manager download error 80070057 prevents them from copying and pasting files.
- This error can be fixed by repairing Windows Installer, as well as updating your system.
- Restarting Windows Explorer will also resolve the clipboard manager download error.
Check for system updates
- Go to Microsoft Update and check for any updates available for your system.
- Download and install the updates if any are found.
- Restart the computer.
Run the SFC and DISM scans
- Open the Windows 10 search box.
- Type Command prompt, right-click on the Command prompt app, and select Run as administrator.
- Inside the Command prompt, type the following lines and press Enter after each line:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Run the System File Checker
- Press Windows + S to launch the Search menu, type cmd in the text field, and click on the relevant search result.
- Enter the following command in the prompt window and press Enter:sfc/scannow
- Wait until the process is finished (it might take around 10 minutes).
- Restart your PC.
Update the Clipboard Manager
- Press the Windows key + I hotkey.
- Click Windows Update to open the window shown directly below.
- Select the Check for updates button.
- Next, press the Apply button.
- Press the OK option.
Rebuild the clipboard database
- Press the Windows key + R, type %temp%, and click OK.
- Locate the clipboard.sdb file, right-click it, and select Delete.
- Restart your PC.
How do I reset clipboard manager?
- Press the Windows key + I and select Update & Security.
- Click on Recovery from the left pane.
- Click on Get started under Reset this PC.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.