However, some users have been encountering installation errors while trying to install the game.
Installation errors might occur due to various reasons, including system compatibility issues, missing required files, or corrupted download files.
This article covers: 1. Getting Installation Failed: Windows error 0x80070002 in CS:GO 2. CS:GO not installing: Windows error 0x80070002 3. CS:GO Installation Errors: Windows error 0x80070002, 1068008e, 0xc000007b, 0x0000003a 4. CS:GO installation errors: Windows error code 0x80070002, 1068008e, 0xc000007b, 0x0000003a 5. CS:GO installation errors: Windows error 0x80070002, 1068008e, 0xc000007b, 0x0000003a
- CSGO, or Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, is a first-person shooter video game developed by Valve Corporation.
- Many users reported encountering Error 5 when installing CSGO and luckily, we have a great fix for it.
- If you can’t get CSGO installed, make sure you’re working from the root directory.
Run the Battle.net desktop app
- To do that, press the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut.
- Enter control in Run’s Open box and click OK to open the Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program on the Control Panel’s Programs and features window.
- Select the Battle.net desktop app in the Programs list.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Click the Yes button on any prompt that pops up.
- Restart Windows.
- Open Battle.net’s official site.
- Click the Download button.
Check your Internet connection
- Make sure your internet connection is working properly and isn’t getting disrupted.
- Check for virus and malware
- Make sure your Windows PC is free from virus and malware.
- You can install antivirus software from a trusted source like Microsoft or Avast.
Run the SFC and DISM scans
- Press Windows Key + X then click on Command prompt (Admin).
- In the Command prompt, type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each.
Create a new User account
- Log on to your Windows 10 computer with Administrator privileges.
- In the Settings window, click on the Accounts section, and then click on Add an account.
- Click on Microsoft account or a local account.
- Finally, enter your new password in the New password and Confirm password sections.
Reinstall the Game
- To uninstall CS:GO, open Steam and right-click on CS:GO.
- Choose Remove from library.
- Now, search for the file and install it.
- If reinstalling doesn’t fix the problem, try the following.
Modify the Windows Registry
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type regedit and click OK to open Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the following key: Windows Registry Editor > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows
- Now, in the right pane, create a new String DWORD value named “NoCDCheck”.
- Double-click and assign it a value of 1.
- Now, close Registry Editor and restart your PC.