Gom Player is a popular media player for windows users, and many users reported that they can’t download it for free.
Some users reported that they are unable to find Gom Player for Windows, while others reported that they are unable to find the application on Microsoft’s website.
Some users reported that they are redirected to a fraud website, and it seems like that the download of Gom Player for Windows has been disabled for users in select regions.
If you are also troubled by this issue, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you download Gom Player for free.
- Gom Player is a free and open-source media player that is designed for HD videos.
- The VLC Media Player is a similar option that offers similar features.
Disable the IME
- Go to Start > type services.msc > right-click on Services.msc > select Run as Administrator
- Locate Windows Search and right-click on it. Then select Properties.
- Go to the Startup type tab > select Disabled.
Disable Tablet mode
- Gom Player provides a Tablet mode on Windows which removes most of the controls from the interface. Users can turn off tablet mode in the Settings section of Gom Player.
To do that, open the Settings window in Gom Player.
- Click the General tab.
- Then, turn off the Tablet mode option.
- Restart Windows after turning off tablet mode.
Configure the Firewall
- Go to Windows Firewall and click the Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall option.
- Select the Gom Player application.
- GomPlayer will now appear in the list of allowed apps.
Configure your graphics card
- Go to Control Panel > System and Security.
- Choose System > Hardware and Sound.
- Click on Display.
- Now, click on Advanced display settings.
- Go to Change advanced display settings.
- Now, click on Troubleshoot.
- Click on Change Settings.
- Check on Use recommended graphics driver.
- Now, click on Apply and then on OK.
Uninstall any unnecessary video decoders
- To do this, press Windows + R to open Run, enter devmgmt.msc in the text field, and click OK.
- Locate the video decoders and uninstall any that you don’t use.
- Right-click on the Codec Tweak Tool icon, and select Run as administrator.
- Click on the Video Decoders tab, and click on Apply.
Use Repair Tool
- Download Gom Player repair tool from the Gom Player website.
- Run the downloaded .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair.
- Delete the corrupted DLL files manually
Open the search utility with the Windows key + S hotkey.
- Enter cmd in Run and click OK to open Command prompt.
- Input regsvr32 /u dllname.dll in the Command prompt and hit Enter.