The MP4 format is becoming very popular due to its small size and easy compatibility with most devices, but many users reported that they can’t extract DVD to MP4 format.
- The MP4 format is the most popular format for videos and it’s mostly used for mobile devices.
- Many users complained that they can’t extract DVDs to MP4 format but don’t worry, there’s a solution for everything.
- You’ll need a third-party app that can help you convert DVDs into MP4 files.
Change your default player
- Click the Start button and select Settings.
- Select Apps.
- Click Default apps under the Settings tab.
- Select Video on the left pane.
- Select your preferred video player.
- Click OK to close the window, then restart your computer.
- Create MP4 file
First, open File Explorer and navigate to the DVD you want to rip.
- Right click its icon and select Open with.
- Select Windows Media Player.
- Click Open.
Check the player settings
- If your player support MP4, then make sure that the format is enabled.
- Go to your Blu-ray player’s settings and check if MP4 is supported.
- If the format is not supported, then you can try converting the DVD to MP4.
- If not, then check if the player supports MKV.
Check the media folder
- First, open VLC media player.
- Click Media to open that tab.
- Then open your media folder by clicking Media > Open File.
- Select your DVD’s drive.
- Then click Play to start the DVD.
- If VLC media player can’t play your DVD, it’s probably because the media folder isn’t set properly.
- Users have reported success after navigating to the Windows folder > Users > Username > Music > Videos > Settings.
- Then users can open the folder > click VLC > restart VLC media player.
- Download and install MediaMonkey.
- Add folders containing videos that are causing the issue.
- Add .mp4 extension to all videos.
- Check the box for Batch conversion.
- Click the Convert Now button.
- Insert the DVD in the drive.
- Launch VLC and click on the Media (or Files) icon.
- Add the DVD by clicking on the + button.
- Once the source is added, click on Open File.
- Next, choose Open File from the File menu.
- Navigate to the Video Settings tab.
- Under the Video section, set the video codec to ffmpeg.
- Finally, click on Start button and wait for the DVD conversion process to complete.