Recording audio on your PC is quite common, and there are numerous apps that let you do so.
However, there are also some free recording programs that allow users to record audio easily.
In this article, we will explore some of the best free recording programs for Windows 8 users, and walk you through the steps to record audio.
- Windows 8 comes with a plethora of free recording programs, but most of them are outdated.
- Nowadays, you should consider using specialized software to record videos on your PC.
- Record audio files on your PC using a dedicated audio recording software.
Run Windows Updates
- To run Windows Updates, open the Windows 10 Start menu.
- Click Settings to open the settings window.
- Then click Update & Security to open the Windows Update settings window.
- Click Check for updates in the Windows Update settings window to open the window below.
- Select the Download and install updates option.
Disable your antivirus
- Open your antivirus, go to the Settings option, and choose Exclusions.
- Locate Windows 8 recording programs and add their folder or executable.
- Save the changes and restart your computer.
Change Recording Location
- Open your internet browser and type in the search bar.
- Go to “http://www.onlineconvert.com/”.
- Once you are online, in the address bar, type “free recording programs for Windows 8”.
- Click on the “Download” button next to the free online recording programs for Windows 8.
- Download the program.
- Install the program using the installation wizard.
- Once you have successfully installed the program, open it.
- Choose the “Recording” tab.
- Under “Recording”, select “Sound Recorder”.
Enable microphone boost
- Right-click the sound icon in the Taskbar.
- Select the Recording devices option.
- Right-click on your microphone and select Set as default.
Change Recording Format
- Right-click on the sound icon in the System Tray.
- Choose Recording devices.
- Right-click on the recording device and choose Properties.
- Select Advanced.
- Under the Format drop-down menu, select Other.