This can be quite frustrating, so today we’re going to show you how to fix this problem in just a few simple steps.
- If you’ve forgotten your wifi password, there’s a great method that you can use.
- The developer mode allows you to change wifi profile settings easily and we highly recommend it.
- Another simple solution is to uninstall the network adapter driver and reinstall it.
Disassociate the Network from Your PC
- Right-click your Wifi icon > select Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Manage wireless networks.
- Right-click your Wifi connection > select Delete.
Use the Command prompt
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run, type cmd in the text field, and click OK.
- Locate the file below in the command window, copy it, and paste it in the Command prompt.
net user administrator /active:yes
- Press Enter, and wait for the Command prompt to do its job.
- After it finishes, type net localgroup administrators administrator /add and press the Enter key.
- Check to see if the password has been recovered.
Factory Reset Your Router
- Please ensure that the modem is disconnected from the power source.
- After 30 seconds, press and hold the Restore Factory Defaults key. The Restore Factory Defaults key is labeled “Reset” or “Reset to Factory Defaults” on the front of the modem.
- Wait for the modem to reboot. Wait for a new light on the front of your modem to turn solid white.
- Connect the modem to your Internet service.
- Wait five minutes.
- Configure your modem again.
Reset the Router to its Factory Default Settings
- To reset the router to its factory default settings, press the reset button for 30 seconds or more.
- Wait for the router to reset, and afterward, reconnect your PC to the original network.
- Reset the Router Username and Password
To reset your router username and password, go to your router’s default IP address.
- Type â€ ̃admin’ as username and password, and then enter the admin panel.
- Select Wireless settings from the left-hand menu.
- Select Restore factory default settings from the submenu.