Microsoft Excel is the go-to software for many professionals when it comes to creating tables, charts, and formulas.
However, sometimes, Excel freezes, and it does so for several users.
Here is a list of a few issues that might cause this freeze:
* Freezing on startup, opening, closing – This is usually caused by corrupt Excel files. * Excel freezes when opening, closing, saving – This is usually caused by bad hardware. * Excel freezes when scrolling, updating – This is usually caused by bad hardware, bad drivers, and corrupted files. * Excel freezes when changing cells – This is usually caused by corrupt files. * Freezing with charts – This is usually caused by bad hardware, bad drivers, and corrupted files.
- Freezing Panes in Microsoft Excel can be caused by problematic drivers or third-party software.
- To fix it, go to File → Options → Advanced → Display → Panes.
Turn off hardware acceleration
- Press the Windows Key + I, go to System, and switch to the Advanced tab.
- Locate the Use hardware acceleration when available option, and uncheck it.
Use Compatibility Mode
- In the Search bar, type Control Panel, and open Control Panel
- Go to System and Maintenance
- Click on Compatibility
- Check Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Microsoft Excel from the list of applications
Use a registry file
- Press Windows + R to open the Run command, type regedit in the text field, and click on the OK button.
- In the Registry Editor window, go to the following path:
- Right-click on “Security” and select New > Key.
- Name the new key as “Trusted Locations”.
- Once the key is created, right-click on it and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the new value as “DisableAllTrustedLocations”, and set the value to 1.
- Close the Registry Editor window.