Safe search is a feature that filters inappropriate content for children.
But sometimes it frustrates users by displaying inappropriate content.
The examples vary from offensive language, to adult content, or even shock content.
- The google safe search error prevents you from using Google search in its full capacity.
- One of the solutions is to reset the SafeSearch settings in Chrome.
Use a dedicated third-party tool
- Go to Search, type “google safe search”, and select the first result.
- Click on Install.
- Once the app is installed, restart your browser.
Check for Compatibility issues
- Your PC may have a compatibility issue, so you will need to check if any of the installed software on your PC is causing the problem.
- Download the latest version of the software and install it on your PC.
- If the software is compatible with your Windows OS, then you should be able to use Google Safe search without any issues.
- Try another browser
You can easily try another browser like Firefox or Google Chrome to check if you are able to use Google Safe search without any issues.
- Also, check if you are having any issue with any extension in your browser.
- Try using Incognito Mode
Sometimes, clearing the cache and cookies in your browser might cause this issue.
- You can easily try searching for a solution by typing one of the keywords in the search bar in incognito mode.
Check for malware
- Go to “Settings” -> “Apps” -> “Apps & Features”.
- Scroll down to “Search Providers” section and click on “Google”.
- Uncheck “Allow Apps from Unknown Sources”.
- Click on “Clear data” and “Clear cache”.
Disable your antivirus
- First, disable your antivirus or firewall software.
- Open your antivirus or firewall software.
- Navigate to the settings and select the advanced or custom option.
- Disable your antivirus or firewall software.
- Restart your computer.
Use a different browser
- Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the most popular browsers worldwide, and both are currently experiencing the same issues.
- To fix this, try opening other websites, and check if the error is still there.
- If the error persists, follow the steps mentioned below.