The Windows 10 PC RAM is the fastest memory component in your PC. It helps your operating system and apps load faster.
RAM speed depends on many factors. However, there are certain Windows 10 tweaks you can use to enhance RAM speed.
- The computer RAM speed test is used to measure how fast a computer can process data.
- The RAM speed test puts your RAM through its paces and determines how well it works.
Open the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
- Press the Windows key + X hotkey to open the Power User menu.
- Click Command prompt (Admin) to open the window in the snapshot directly below.
- Right-click on the Command prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Enter the following command in the prompt and press Enter: msdt.exe -id_for_test
- Wait for Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool to run.
Disable visual effects
- Press the Windows key + R, type msconfig, and click OK.
- Navigate to the Services tab.
- Click on the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox, and click OK.
- Now, navigate to the Startup tab.
- Click on Open Task Manager.
- Select Startup tab.
- Right-click on any application and choose Disable.
- Restart your PC.
Modify Windows registry
- Go to the Windows Search bar, type regedit, and then open the Registry Editor.
- In the Registry Editor, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServices
- In the right side pane, double-click MemoryManagement to open the property page.
- In the property page, double-click the Performance key, and then click the Advanced button.
- In the Performance advanced settings, click the MaxPaging are not enough storage message goes away checkbox to enable it.
- Save the changes.
Modify the Windows registry
- Open Run’s text box by pressing the Windows key + R hotkey.
- Type Regedit and press Enter to open Registry Editor.
- Then navigate to the PerfmonKey registry entry.
- Click the Edit button on the Registry Editor window.
- Next, enter “perfmon_max_memory” in the PerfmonKey text box.
- Press the OK button.
- Enter “0” in the Value data text box.
- Close Registry Editor.
- Then restart Windows.