Channel banners are an integral part of iPhone marketing.
While those on the App Store are 1024 pixels in height and width, those on YouTube are usually 2560 pixels in height and width.
So, while you may have a great banner for the App Store, it doesn’t look as good on YouTube.
- The channel banner on iPhone is created to give viewers an idea about the type of content to expect on the channel.
- The channel banner on the iPhone 11 is bigger in size and horizontally oriented.
- You can create a channel banner using an iOS device or by using another channel creator.
Create banner image
- Launch Adobe Photoshop, choose your desired size for your banner, and then create a new document.
- In the toolbar, choose “Image”, then choose “Adjustments”, and finally, select “Levels”.
- In the window, make sure your “Blacks” slider is set to “0%”, and “Whites” is set to “100%”.
- Now, check “Color”, and make sure that it is on “-100%”.
- If you’re using an image that has a lot of colors, and you’re trying to showcase one color, we suggest modifying the “Color” slider.
- Your banner image should be completely white and without any of the black color.
- Save the document as a JPEG file.
Create a new folder and name it
- Next, open Photoshop.
- Choose File > Open and select your folder.
- Press File > Save as and select Photoshop format (.psd).
Rename the image
- Tap on the image > then select Open.
- Now, rename it.
- Enter a more suitable name, hit Save and exit.
- Add text/caption > resize the image
To add text, tap the Text button > then type in the text > tap on Done.
- Now, if you want to resize the image, tap on the image > then Resize > tap the Recommended option or select any other option that best fits your image.
Add a channel image
- Add the image you want to use as a banner to the channel.
- It can be any image you want as long as it’s 120 by 120 pixels in dimension.
An image with transparent background works best.
- Now, delete the background of the image.
- You can use any photo editing software.
- Now, upload the image to your channel.
- Add text
To add text to your image, click on Text.
- Now, click anywhere on the image to start writing.
- Move the text box around and resize it as per your need.
- Repeat the process to add more text.
Save the file and test
- Open Canva.
- Under the “Assets” tab, choose “New”.
- Choose “Uploads” and select “Upload Images”.
- Navigate to the file you downloaded on your computer and tap “Open”.
- Click “Upload”.
- Wait until the file is uploaded.
- Click “Save”.
Change the channel image
- Open your Apple’s iOS Settings app.
- Tap on “General”.
- Go to the “Accessibility” option.
- Tap on “Assistive Touch”.
- Enable the feature.
- Next, tap the Customize button.
- Select the “Channel Banner” option and tap Done.
Change the channel image again
- In the channel banner section, click on the Change channel banner button.
- Choose an image and add text to it.
- Save changes.
Change the channel image one more time
- Tap on the channel name
Tap on Channel Info
Tap on the “Change Channel” button
- Tap on “Use Channel Banner”
- Tap on the “Upload a Photo” button
- Locate the “Radar Live” folder
Select an image
- Tap on the “Choose” button
- Tap on the “Use” button
Rename the banner
- The banner name can be changed from Settings > Banner.
- Add a channel logo
A channel logo can be added from Settings > Banner.