It may happen that the cursor disappears randomly, and some users report that the mouse pointer disappears from the desktop.
This can be quite frustrating, but in today’s article, we’re going to show you how to make the cursor disappear in Windows 10.
- You can make the cursor disappear on Windows 10 by using some basic keyboard commands.
- You can use Alt+Tab+Arrows or Alt+Tab+Tab+Arrows to quickly switch between open apps.
- A hidden option in Windows is hiding the cursor.
- Just go to the Visibility tab in Mouse Properties.
Use a different mouse
- Mouse cursors may not always disappear, but users can usually make a change in their mouse or touchpad settings to resolve the problem. To do that, right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
- Select the Mice and other pointing devices entry, right-click the mouse or touchpad listed, and select Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers, and then follow the wizard to install the latest driver for that device.
Disable the Mouse Keys feature
- Go to Start > type Mouse > click on Mouse Properties
- Go to Settings > select Disable > click OK > restart your PC
- Reconfigure your mouse
Update your drivers
- To update drivers, right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
- Double-click on Keyboards to expand it, then right-click on your keyboard and select Update driver.
Run the Troubleshooter
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app, and then go to the Update & Security section.
- Select Troubleshoot from the left pane, and click on the Additional troubleshooters in the right pane.
- Select Mouse from the left pane, and click on the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Select the Apply repairs automatically option if needed, and click on the Next button to run the scan.
Turn off Overlay
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- When the Settings app opens, navigate to the System section.
- In the System section, select Apps & features.
- Now locate the app that has problems with the overlay, right-click it and choose Uninstall.