Getting the default search engine setting right is very important, and today we’re going to show you how to change the default search engine in Chrome.
- Using Google as your default search engine in Chrome is easy, and you can quickly set up the default search engine in Chrome UK.
- Follow our step-by-step guide below, and you will be able to set Google UK as your default search engine in Chrome.
Make Google UK the default search engine in Chrome
- Open Google Chrome on your PC.
- In the address bar, type chrome://settings/.
- Click on the three-dotted icon in the upper-right corner and select Settings from the menu.
- On the Settings page, scroll down to the Advanced Settings section.
- Under the Search section, scroll down to the Default Search Engine section.
- Click on the Make Default button next to the search string Google UK.
- Close the Settings page and restart Google Chrome.
Make Google UK the default search engine in Firefox
- Press Windows Key + I to open Settings and select Apps.
- Now locate Google Chrome on the list of installed apps and open it.
- Now click on Set as default.
Use Google UK as your default search engine in Edge
- Open Edge.
- Click on Settings.
- Enter the keyword default in the Search box.
- Click on the Default search engine.
- Select Google UK.
- Go to your Google UK homepage.
Change the default search engine in Windows 10
- Press the Windows key + S, type browser, and select Google Chrome from the list.
- Now, click the three-dot menu and select Settings.
- Then, select the Search option from the left pane. Now, click the Manage Search Engines button.
- Click the Add button.
- Alternatively, you can also click Manage Search Engines from the Settings menu.
- Now, type â€ ̃Google’ in the search field, and click the + sign.
- Finally, select â€ ̃Make default’.