Samsung storage is among the best on the market, but some users reported that they can’t see the storage on Samsung devices.
This issue occurs because, after an update, the storage icons disappear from the home screen.
> I had 3.0GB space free on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4, but after I updated to > Android 6.0.1, the Storage icon disappeared on the home screen.
- Samsung’s smartphones are known for their storage, but the Galaxy S7 is no exception.
- With this guide, you’ll learn about how to see storage on the Samsung Galaxy S7, and you will even see how you can add more storage.
Samsung is notorious for its firmware issues. Users have reported the storage is not showing up issue on their devices. The storage problem can occur due to a number of reasons, including corrupted firmware.
Reset your Galaxy device
- Press the Volume up + Power button simultaneously.
- When your phone powers on, release the Power button but continue to press the Volume Up button.
Update your Galaxy device
Go to Settings > Software update.
If your device is not connected to the internet, go to Settings > About device > Software update.
- Press the Download Updates Now button.
Reinstall your Galaxy device
- Turn off your Galaxy device, and then press and hold Volume Down + Power button.
- Release the buttons when you see the Samsung logo.
- Press Volume Up two times to highlight Recovery mode, and then press Power button to select it.
- Now, use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to navigate to Wipe data/factory reset, and then press Power button to select it.
- When done, select Reboot system now to restart your device.
Check Storage Manager for errors
- Open Settings > click on Application > Application Manager > Storage
- Tap the Storage Manager option > select Delete all data > Clear data from memory > Clear data from cache
- Restart device > try to install apps
Clear storage data
To clear the storage data, follow these steps:
1. Open the Apps screen by tapping the Apps icon in the lower left corner.
2. Tap Settings > Storage > Clear Data.
- Delete app and cache files
- Delete the app and cache from the Storage > Device apps.