Windows 10 comes with a bunch of exciting features, but one of the most notable is the animation and transition animations.
This feature can add a whole lot of dynamic and visual appeal to your desktop, and in today’s guide, we’re going to show you how you can get this up and running.
- Windows 10’s moving wallpaper feature gives your PC’s desktop a dynamic look.
- If you want to customize your moving wallpaper, you can edit its settings or add new images.
Rename the file
- Right-click the wallpaper file on File Explorer and select Rename.
- Rename the file from .0.jpg to .1.jpg.
- Change the extension from .jpg to .PNG
Right-click the file again and select Properties.
- Under the “General” tab, click on “Change”.
- Change the extension of your wallpaper from .jpg to .PNG.
- Relaunch the Desktop Backgrounds app
Change the file association
- Right-click on the image file you wish to use.
- Select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Opens with tab.
- Change the current setting to Select a different app from the list.
- Locate the Program associated with file type drop-down menu.
- Open the Select a program window, and locate Microsoft’s Photo app from the list.
- Click the Microsoft’s Photo app, and select Always use this app to open this kind of file.
- Now, close the properties window, and check if the issue is resolved.
- Change the default program
Right-click on the image file you wish to use.
- Select Open.
- Click Programs, and find Microsoft’s Photo app on the list.
- Select Microsoft’s Photo app from the list of programs.
Change the DPI settings
- Open Settings by pressing the Windows Key + I
- Select Display from the System section
- Check the Scale and layout drop-down menu
- Select Highest DPI
Open the file as an administrator
- Select any folder and move the file there (you can also move the file to desktop)
- Now, right click the wallpaper and select Set as Desktop Background.
Reinstall the Wallpaper app
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app, and select Apps.
- Click the Manage optional features option.
- Then select the Wallpaper app, and click the Uninstall button.
- Restart Windows after uninstalling the wallpaper app.
- Download a wallpaper app
Open the Microsoft Store.
- Search for wallpaper apps in the menu.
- Download and install a suitable app.