Various scanner printer errors can occur due to various reasons. These errors include hp scanner printer not printing, hp scanner printer not recognized, hp scanner printer not working, hp scanner printer black screen, hp scanner printer blank pages, among others.
- The hp scanner printer error messages can be caused by outdated or incompatible drivers, so make sure to update your drivers first.
- Checking the hp printer scanner and printer drivers status can help fix the hp printer scanner error.
- Another solution would be to reinstall the hp printer scanner software manually.
Check if the printer is physically connected to the computer
- Make sure that you’ve connected the printer to your PC and powered it on
- Uninstall and reinstall the printer
- Make sure the printer is up to date
- Update the printer driver
Check if the printer has wireless capabilities
- Connect the printer to a PC with the USB cable and then to see if it’s wireless capabilities are enabled.
- Check if the printer is powered on
Power on the printer.
- Check if the scanner is powered on
If the printer is powered on, turn on the scanner.
- Open HP Printer Assistant
Download the HP Printer Assistant software.
- Click the Download button.
- Run the installer.
- Opt for the “Reinstall” option.
Turn off Windows Firewall
- Go to Start > type firewall > open Firewall
- Click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- Under Recommended settings, make sure Private network is not blocked
- Turn off any antivirus or firewall software.
Reset the printer
- Shut down the printer, unplug it from the power, wait for 10 seconds and plug it back in.
- Start the printer and see if the error code persists.
- Reset the scanner
If the error persists after resetting the printer, reset the scanner.
- Shut down the scanner and unplug it from the power.
- Wait for 10 seconds and plug it back in the power.
- Start the scanner and check for any improvements.
- Reset the scanner software
If your error is related to scanner, reset the scanner software.
- Open Start and type “Device Manager” in the search field.
- Open Device Manager.
- Right-click the scanner driver and choose “Properties”.
- Go to the Driver tab and click on “Roll Back Driver”.
- Click on “Install” or “Update Driver”.
- Select the “Scanjet” option.
- Wait till the software installs.
- Restart the computer and check for any improvements.
How do I reset my HP printer?
- To reset your HP printer, press and hold the Cancel button.
- Hold the Power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer will print the Test Page.
- If the Test Page prints successfully, press the Power button to turn off the printer.
- Press the Cancel button.
- Power off your printer, remove the power cord from the printer and from the mains.
- Plug in the power cord.
- Turn on the HP printer.