Why are some users who attempt to reset their passwords via Microsoft’s website not receiving the confirmation email? One user posted:
> I have reset my Sky account password but haven’t received the email with > new password. I’ve checked my junk email filters and they are not blocking > any emails.
If you are also experiencing this issue, the following solutions might help resolve the issue.
- The httpsaccountlivecompasswordreset error is quite common, and it’s usually caused by outdated browser add-ons.
- Using the method below, you can quickly reset your Windows 10 password by resetting your Windows password.
- Another effective method to fix this error is by reapplying your Windows 10 settings, so try that out.
Change your connection protocol
- Press the Windows key + I shortcut.
- Select the Settings option.
- Click on Network & Internet from the left pane.
- Go to the Ethernet section.
- Click on the Properties button.
- In the Properties window, click on the Configure button.
- Locate the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) section.
- Click on the Use the following IP address option.
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses
- Click on the OK button.
Check that your device is configured for the correct time zone
- Click the Start button and select Settings.
- Select the Time & language option.
- Under the Time tab, make sure that Set your time zone automatically is selected.
- Click Save.
Check your Internet connection
- If you are on public Wi-Fi, you’re likely facing this issue.
- Make sure that your connection isn’t interrupted.
- Check to see whether this error occurs only when you are on public Wi-Fi.
- If it does happen only when you are using public Wi-Fi, then make sure you use a VPN service.
Make sure that your computer is up-to-date
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- Choose Update & Security.
- Now click on Check for updates button.