We’ve previously covered insert tick in excel, and, as you might remember, the insert tick option lets you add ticks to the tick boxes in an Excel worksheet.
But, many users have stated, on Microsoft’s forum, that they can’t seem to insert ticks in their tick boxes.
This can be quite annoying, especially when you need to perform a task that requires the use of tick boxes.
So, in today’s article, we’re going to show you how to fix the issue, and, hopefully, you will be able to add ticks to tick boxes.
- Excel is the go-to software for many Excel users, but they encounter some insert tick in Excel issues.
- Certain software won’t allow you to insert ticks in Excel, and this usually happens because of a conversion issue.
- Other users got that inserting ticks in Excel is impossible because certain characters are not accepted.
Change your keyboard language
- Go to Start > Settings > Time & Language > Region > Change Keyboards > Change Keyboard
- Select English > en-us > Change Keyboard > Change Keyboard
- Now, your keyboard language should change and your keyboard should display a tick symbol.
- Change Microsoft Excel settings
Go to File > Options > Advanced > Keyboard > Show tick symbol
Use AutoComplete feature
- Launch Excel.
- Go to the File tab and click on Options.
- Under the General tab, click on Use AutoComplete in cells.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Use AutoFill feature
- To insert a tick mark, highlight the column number where you want the tick mark to appear. Right-click and choose AutoFill from the resulting context menu.
- Select Value and click the OK button.
Create a new column of data
- Insert a column in excel
Add a row in excel
- Move your cursor to the cell where you want the tick to appear
- Press the Insert key
- Click the Symbol icon
- Choose Tick