Arcextract.exe is a tool that allows you to extract archives of all types.
However, some users have stated that they are unable to extract any archives after encountering an error that says Arcextract.exe is corrupt.
When that happens, users cannot use Arcextract normally, and that’s a problem.
So, today we’re going to show you how to fix Arcextract.exe is corrupt error in Windows.
- Arcextract.exe error is usually caused by corrupted files or missing files.
- If you try to manually fix it, you might end overwriting important files.
- To fix it, try renaming the problematic file or installing the latest version.
Try reinstalling Arcextract software
- Right-click the Start button and launch Search.
- Type Arcextract in the Search bar and press Enter.
- Click on Uninstall Arcextract.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the uninstallation.
- Launch the web browser and navigate to the Arcextract website.
- Press the Download button to get the Arcextract installer.
- When downloaded, locate the file and double-click on it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
Perform a Clean boot
- Press Windows Key + R
- Type msconfig
- Select Services tab
- Scroll down and de-select Hide all Microsoft services
- Select Startup tab
- Under Service status, select Disabled
- Click the Apply button and OK to save changes
- Restart your system
Disable the Virus protection
- Open the Windows search bar and type â€ ̃Virus protection’
- Open Virus & threat protection
- Click on Virus & threat protection settings.
- In Virus & threat protection settings , click on Virus & threat protection’s settings.
- In the Virus & threat protection’s settings, turn on the Virus & threat protection tab.
- Scroll down and click on the Exclusions tab.
- In the Exclusions tab, click on the Add button.
- Under Exclusions tab, click on Add button.
- Under the File path, type C:Program FilesArcSoftMedia Gallery (this path may vary depending on your Arcsoft software installation location).
- In the Name box, type ArcExtract.exe.
- Click on OK to save changes.
- Restart your PC.
Update the Graphics drivers
- Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
- Navigate to the Display adapters section, right-click on the graphics card you’re using, and choose Update Driver Software.
- Go to Start > type Arcextract > right-click Arcextract > select Uninstall
- Restart your PC
- Download the Arcextract installer
- Run the setup file, and follow the instructions
Perform a System Restore
- Press Windows + S and type System Restore.
- Select Create a restore point from the list of results.
- Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.