The Kindle App is a good tool for reading e-books. It’s portable and it offers various books.
However, some users encountered an issue after installing the app:
> The kindle app on windows 8.1 won’t run. I get the message: This application > can’t be installed on your PC.
This error may occur because of various reasons, so in today’s article, we’re going to show you how to fix it.
- Many users reported issues with the Kindle app on Windows 8.1.
- One fix is to make sure that the Kindle app is enabled, and the UAC is correctly configured on your PC.
- If the app is not working properly, you may need to try another app, as Kindle works only with the official ones.
Check for app updates
- Go to Windows Store and check for app updates.
- If there are, download them and install them.
- Reset the app to default settings
Go to Start, typeappwiz.cpl and hit Enter.
- Now, go to Amazon app and right click on it.
- Go to theUninstalloption.
Uninstall the Kindle app
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Click Programs.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Locate the Kindle App and uninstall it.
- Restart the computer.
- Reinstall the Kindle App
Go to the Windows Store.
- Search for Kindle.
- Download and install the app.
Reinstall the Kindle app
- If none of the previous solutions work, try uninstalling the Kindle app and reinstalling it.
- Press Windows Key + S and enter control panel. Select Control Panel from the list.
- When Control Panel opens, select Programs and Features.
- When Programs and Features opens, locate Kindle app on the list. Select it and click on Uninstall.
- When confirmation window opens, click on Uninstall to confirm the action.
- When removal process finishes, restart your PC.
- Try installing the Kindle app again.
Reset your Kindle device
- Restart your Kindle device
Check if your Kindle device is compatible with Kindle app
- Clear the cache of your device and Kindle app
- Update the Kindle app