With so many games available, the last thing you want is for your copy to be locked.
However, many users complained that they got an error while using their copy of The Last of Us: Remastered.
The error is: The serial number you entered is not valid.
- The Last of us game is a great survival-themed zombie shooter that was released in 2013.
- Although the game is a great, many users reported that they encountered issues while launching the game.
Check the Internet connection
- As you might know, the “last of us license key” error might occur due to an issue with your internet connection.
- So, the best way to fix it is to restart your router and modem.
- If the issue persists, you can try connecting to a different network.
- If this doesn’t work, contact your ISP.
Change the Date and Time
- Press Windows + S to open the Search menu, type Date and Time in the text field, and click on the relevant search result.
- Choose the Change date and time settings option.
- Click on the Change date and/or time button.
- Now, click on Change time zone.
- Now, select the correct time zone from the list, and click on Save changes.
Check system logs
- Open Windows Search, type Event Viewer, and select Event Viewer from the list.
- When Event Viewer opens, locate System in the left-hand pane, and double click it to expand it.
- Now, check if there are any error logs listed under Application.
Change the regional settings
- Go to Control Panel > Regions and language.
- Click Region and language.
- Click Change system locale.
- Under Time, click the region of your choice.
- Click Apply and OK, then restart your computer.
Change regional settings to the USA
- Locate the Region and Language option in Control Panel.
- Then select Region and Language.
- Click Additional regional settings.
- Click Change keyboard layout.
- Select United States and tap OK.
Perform an SFC and DISM scan
- Press Windows + S to launch the search utility, type cmd in the search box, and click on the relevant result.
- Click Yes in the UAC prompt that appears, and paste the following command in Command prompt and press the Enter key: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
Run the Command prompt
- Press the Windows key + X hotkey, and select Command prompt (Admin) from the list.
- Enter this command: sfc/scannow
- Wait for the scan to complete, and restart your computer when instructed.
Re-enable the Windows Store Apps
- Go to Cortana’s search box.
- Enter apps in Cortana’s search box.
- Select Apps & features to open that tab.
- Press the Turn Windows features on or off button (the second button from the left).
- Click the Turn Windows features on or off button under the Windows Store Apps entry.
- Select the Yes option on the confirmation prompt.
- Restart Windows after enabling Windows Store apps.
Change the region and keyboard settings
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app, and click on System.
- Now, click on Time & language and select Region & language.
- Now, select your preferred keyboard and input language.
- Restart the game and check if the issue persists.