However, some users have stated getting a Windows Resource Protection Error (WRP) message while using their Lava Card.
> Hello, > I can see my Lava Card in the device manager and the computer can recognize it. > However, when I try to access the Lava Card it just says Windows Resource > Protection error.
Consequently, users can’t transfer files to or from the device, and they can’t even check the memory card’s storage space.
If you’re also troubled by this Windows Resource Protection error, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you fix this error.
- Lava cards are specially formatted memory cards manufactured by Lava International.
- The Lava card driver error is usually caused by outdated drivers or issues with Windows.
- To fix this issue, follow the troubleshooting steps below.
Run the troubleshooter
- Right-click Start and select Run in the context menu.
- Enter â€ ̃troubleshoot’ in the text box, and click on the relevant search result.
- Select Windows device troubleshooter to open the window shown directly below.
- Then click the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Select the Card Reader option.
- Press the Next button.
- Select the option that applies, and click the Next button.
- Select the Yes option, and click the Finish button.
- Restart your desktop or laptop.
Uninstall the third-party antivirus
- Download, install, and open the Lava Card Drivers Installer
- Select Remove Drivers
- Follow the on-screen instructions to remove drivers
- Restart your PC
- Run the Lava Card Drivers Installer again
- Install the drivers
- Restart your PC
Disable the antivirus
- If you are a Lava customer and need a Lava USB Driver, you can go to the Lava website and download the latest version of your driver.
- If you aren’t a Lava customer, you can download the drivers from Lava’s official page.
- Locate your Lava Card driver, right-click it and select Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Under Compatibility mode, select Disable.
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.
Disable the firewall
- Press the Windows key + R hotkey.
- Enter firewall.cpl in the Open text box, and press the OK button.
- Select the Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) option on the Windows Security tab.
- Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (recommended) option on the Windows Security tab.
- Select the Turn on Windows Firewall with Advanced Security option on the Windows Security tab.
- Select the Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall option on the Windows Security tab.
Change the region settings
- Go to Settings.
- Choose Time & Language.
- Select Region & language.
- Now, select Region and language.
- Check your current region.
- Change it to the region where your device was purchased.