In this article, we present the top 30 free video editing software for 2023 that are worth considering for your video editing needs.
Top 30 free video editing software for desktop and mobile
- DaVinci Resolve – A powerful video editing software with advanced features for color correction, audio editing, and visual effects.
- Shotcut – A cross-platform video editing software with a user-friendly interface and support for a wide range of video formats.
- OpenShot – A free, open-source video editor with features like 3D animation, time mapping, and audio mixing.
- HitFilm Express – A feature-packed video editor with advanced visual effects, compositing tools, and color grading capabilities.
- Lightworks – A professional-grade video editor with a simple interface, real-time effects, and support for multiple formats.
- Blender – A popular 3D modeling software that also features video editing capabilities.
- Avidemux – A simple video editor with basic features like cutting, filtering, and encoding.
- VideoPad Video Editor – A user-friendly video editor with a wide range of effects, transitions, and audio tools.
- Movavi Video Editor – A versatile video editor with features like chroma key, slow motion, and video stabilization.
- Windows Movie Maker – A classic video editor that’s easy to use and comes pre-installed on Windows computers.
- iMovie – A free video editor for Mac users with features like trailers, themes, and audio editing tools.
- Adobe Premiere Rush – A mobile video editing app with advanced features like multi-track editing, color grading, and motion graphics.
- KineMaster – A popular mobile video editor with a wide range of effects, transitions, and audio tools.
- InShot – A simple video editor with features like trimming, merging, and adding music to videos.
- Quik – A mobile video editing app by GoPro with features like automatic video creation, filters, and music.
- Magisto – A mobile video editor with AI-powered features like smart video editing, facial recognition, and storytelling templates.
- VivaVideo – A mobile video editor with features like slow motion, reverse video, and video collage.
- Cute CUT – A mobile video editor with a unique drag-and-drop timeline and support for multiple layers.
- PowerDirector – A mobile video editor with features like multi-track editing, chroma key, and slow motion.
- FilmoraGo – A mobile video editor with a wide range of effects, transitions, and audio tools.
- VideoShow – A mobile video editor with features like beauty camera, music, and stickers.
- Free Video Editor – A simple video editor for Windows with basic features like cutting, trimming, and merging.
- Moviemaker Online – An online video editor with features like trimming, adding music, and text overlays.
- WeVideo – An online video editor with advanced features like collaborative editing, motion graphics, and green screen.
- Clipchamp – An online video editor with features like cropping, resizing, and compressing videos.
- FlexClip – An online video editor with features like slideshow maker, video templates, and screen recorder.
- OpenShot Online – A browser-based version of the popular OpenShot video editor.
- Kapwing – An online video editor with features like meme maker, video speed changer, and video loop.
- Animoto – An online video editor with features like slideshow maker, video templates, and music library.
- Shotclip – An online video editor with features like automatic video creation, music library, and custom branding.
Comparison of the best free video editing software in 2023
|Software||Supported Platforms||Maximum Resolution||Export Formats||Features|
|DaVinci Resolve||Windows, Mac, Linux||8K||MP4, MOV, AVI, H.264, H.265, ProRes, DNxHD, DNxHR||Color correction, audio editing, visual effects, multi-camera editing|
|HitFilm Express||Windows, Mac||4K||MP4, MOV, AVI, H.264, H.265, ProRes, DNxHD, DNxHR||Visual effects, compositing, audio editing, 3D modeling, particle effects|
|Shotcut||Windows, Mac, Linux||4K||MP4, MOV, AVI, H.264, H.265, ProRes, DNxHD, DNxHR||Color grading, audio editing, video effects, multiple track editing, customizable UI|
|OpenShot||Windows, Mac, Linux||4K||MP4, MOV, AVI, H.264, H.265, ProRes, DNxHD, DNxHR||Animation, keyframe support, audio mixing, video effects, easy-to-use interface|
|Lightworks||Windows, Mac, Linux||4K||MP4, MOV, AVI, H.264, H.265, ProRes, DNxHD, DNxHR||Real-time effects, audio mixing, multi-camera editing, export to Vimeo and YouTube|
Best free video editing software for beginners on Mac
For Mac users, there are several free video editing software options available that are perfect for beginners. One of the best is kdenlive, an open-source program with a user-friendly interface and a wide range of features. Another popular choice is iMovie, which comes pre-installed on most Mac computers and is great for basic video projects. If you’re willing to invest a little time and effort, Blender is a powerful free program that can handle both video editing and 3D animation. No matter which software you choose, remember that the most important thing is to have fun and experiment with your video content. With these free video editing tools, you can create professional-looking montages without breaking the bank.
Best free video editing software for professionals
For professionals on a budget, there are several free video editing software options available. Kdenlive is an open-source solution that offers a range of video editing tools and is compatible with both Windows and Linux. Movie Maker is another free option for Windows users, providing an easy-to-use interface and basic editing functions. Clip is a free video editor app available for download on both iOS and Android devices. YouTube also offers a free online video editor tool for its users. While these solutions may not have the same range of functionality as pricier video editing software apps, they can still provide quality results for smaller projects. It is important to do research and read product testimonials before selecting a video editing tool to ensure it meets your specific needs.
Best free video editing software for Windows 10 and 11
When it comes to free video editing software for Windows 10 and 11, there are a few great options to choose from. Shotcut is a powerful open-source program that offers a wide range of features for both beginners and advanced users. DaVinci Resolve is another popular choice, with professional-grade tools and a user-friendly interface. For those looking for a simple solution, OpenShot offers an easy-to-use interface with basic editing tools. HitFilm Express is a great option for those looking to create special effects and animations. No matter your skill level or budget, there is a free video editing software out there to help bring your video content to the next level.
Best free online video editing software
Looking for the best free online video editing software? Look no further! Here are some top picks for video editors on a budget:
1. OpenShot: This open-source software is perfect for amateurs and professionals alike. With easy-to-use tools and a user-friendly interface, you’ll be creating stunning montages in no time.
2. Shotcut: Another open-source option, Shotcut offers a wide range of tools and features to make your videos stand out. Plus, it’s available on both Windows and Mac.
3. DaVinci Resolve: This professional-grade software is used by filmmakers around the world, including the legendary Steven Spielberg. While it has a bit of a learning curve, the results are worth it.
4. Crello: If you’re looking for an application that’s as easy to use as it is powerful, Crello is a great option. With drag-and-drop tools and a vast library of templates and images, you’ll be able to create stunning clips in no time.
No matter which software you choose, always prioritize your needs and skill level when making a selection. Happy editing!
How to choose the best free video editing software for you
When choosing the best free video editing software for you, consider your level of expertise, the features you need, and your budget. Look for open-source options, which are frequently updated and offer a range of fonctionnalités. Consider the quality of the output, as well as the price tag of more expensive options like Adobe Premiere Pro. Check out lists of top montage video editors, and read product testimonials to help you make a decision. Some popular free video editing software logiciels gratuits include Creads, Windows Movie Editor, and Clip. Also, consider whether you need an application montage photo or if you prefer a desktop logiciel. With these factors in mind, you can make an informed sélection and take action on your video editing needs.
FAQ about video editing software
- What is video editing software? Video editing software is a program that allows you to manipulate and edit video footage to create a final product.
- What are the benefits of using video editing software? Video editing software allows you to add special effects, transitions, and music to your video projects, making them more visually appealing and professional-looking. It also allows you to cut and splice clips together to create a cohesive story.
- Is there a difference between free and paid video editing software? Yes, there is. Paid video editing software typically has more advanced features and capabilities, but free video editing software can still be very useful for basic editing tasks.
- What are some popular free video editing software options? Some popular free video editing software options include Shotcut, OpenShot, and DaVinci Resolve.
- Can video editing software be used on any computer? No, video editing software typically has certain system requirements and may not work on older computers or those with limited processing power.
- Are there any tutorials available for using video editing software? Yes, many video editing software programs offer tutorials and online resources to help users learn how to use the software.
- What file formats are compatible with video editing software? Video editing software typically supports a wide range of file formats, including MP4, MOV, AVI, and WMV.
Best free video editing apps for Instagram
Looking for the best free video editing apps for Instagram? Look no further! These top 5 apps are perfect for beginners and pros alike. First up is Adobe Premiere Rush, which offers a range of editing tools and effects, as well as the ability to export to Instagram directly from the app. Next is InShot, which is great for trimming and cropping videos, adding music and text, and creating collages. For those on a budget, OpenShot is a powerful open-source option that is completely free. Other notable apps include VivaVideo, with its user-friendly interface and special effects, and FilmoraGo, which boasts a range of editing tools and themes. With these top video editing software apps, you can create high-quality content for your Instagram brand without breaking the bank.
How to make a free and easy video edit with PowerDirector
Making a video edit with PowerDirector is easy and free. Simply download the software and follow these steps:
1. Open PowerDirector and import your video clip.
2. Drag and drop the clip onto the timeline.
3. Use the trimming tool to cut and edit your clip.
4. Add transitions between clips to smooth out your video.
5. Use the effects tab to add filters and adjust the color grading.
6. Add text overlays to give context to your video.
7. Export your video in your desired format.
With PowerDirector, you don’t have to sacrifice quality for a price tag. It’s a great option for amateurs and entrepreneurs looking to create professional-looking videos without breaking the bank.
Best free video editing software for creating animations and special effects
For those looking to create animations and special effects, there are several free video editing software options to choose from. One of the best is Blender, an open source program with a wide range of tools and features. Another option is HitFilm Express, which offers both basic and advanced functionality for video editing and visual effects. If you’re looking for a Windows-specific solution, Movie Maker is a simple and easy-to-use movie editor. Other free video editors to consider include DaVinci Resolve and Lightworks, both of which offer professional-grade functionality. No matter what your video editing needs may be, there are plenty of free logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits available to help you bring your vision to life.
Best free video editing software for making presentations
For making presentations, the best free video editing software is OpenShot. It offers a range of tools for editing and creating videos, including adding text, transitions, and effects. Its user-friendly interface is perfect for beginners and advanced users alike. Other logiciels that make the list of top 30 include Creads, Shotcut, and VSDC, among others. These programs offer a range of fonctionnalités and options for users to create professional-quality videos without breaking the bank. Whether you’re an entrepreneur or a travailleur créatif, these programs are très utiles for creating videos that stand out. So, whether you’re looking for an application montage photo or a télécharger logiciel, be sure to check out these logiciels gratuits for all your video editing needs.
Best free collaborative and customizable video editing software for professionals
|VSDC Free Video Editor||No||Yes||Yes|
Best free video editing software for creating your first videos
Looking for the best free video editing software to create your first videos? Look no further than these top picks for 2023. For Windows users, OpenShot is a great choice with its easy-to-use interface and range of editing tools. Another popular option is Shotcut, which offers a wide range of features for more advanced users. If you’re a Mac user, iMovie is a great choice for beginners with its simple drag-and-drop interface. For those looking for a more professional-level program, DaVinci Resolve offers advanced features like color correction and audio mixing. No matter which program you choose, these free options are a great way to get started with video editing without breaking the bank.
Best free video editing software with advanced features for intermediate users
For intermediate users looking for advanced features, DaVinci Resolve is a great free video editing software option. It offers a wide range of tools and functionalities, including color grading and audio editing, making it a top choice for professionals and aspiring filmmakers. Shotcut is another excellent open-source option, with a user-friendly interface and support for a variety of video formats. For those working on Windows, OpenShot and HitFilm Express are both highly regarded free video editing programs that offer a range of features and functionality. No matter what your brand or level of experience, there are plenty of high-quality, free video editing options available to download and use today.
Best free video editing software for the cinema industry
When it comes to free video editing software for the cinema industry, there are a few options worth considering. DaVinci Resolve offers a range of professional-grade features, including color correction and audio editing. Lightworks is another popular choice, used by filmmakers such as Steven Spielberg. For Windows users, Shotcut and OpenShot are both open-source options with a range of features and an easy-to-use interface. HitFilm Express is a great choice for those looking for advanced visual effects, while Blender offers 3D animation capabilities in addition to video editing. Ultimately, the best free video editing software for the cinema industry will depend on the specific needs of the user, but these programs offer a range of functionality and quality that can meet most needs.
Best free video editing software for occasional users on Windows
For occasional users on Windows, there are a few free video editing software options that are worth considering. Shotcut is an open-source software that offers a range of features and functions, including 4K support, audio editing tools, and a variety of video effects. Another option is DaVinci Resolve, which is a professional-grade software that is free to download and offers advanced color correction tools and audio editing capabilities. If you’re looking for a simpler software, Windows Movie Maker is a basic video editing tool that is easy to use and comes pre-installed on Windows 7. Whatever your needs and skill level, there are plenty of free video editing software options available to download and try out.
Best free video editing software for vloggers
For vloggers looking for free video editing software, there are several options available. One of the best is OpenShot, which is an open source program with a range of features and tools for editing and exporting videos. Another great option is Shotcut, which is available for Windows 7 and up and offers a simple interface and powerful functionality. For those who prefer a cloud-based solution, WeVideo is a good choice, with a range of features and options for collaborating with other users. When choosing a video editing program, consider your level of experience, the types of clips you will be editing, and the specific functionality you need. With so many options available, there is sure to be a program that meets your needs and helps you create high-quality videos for your vlog.
Best free mobile video editing apps for GoPro, iPhone and Android
- Quik by GoPro: An intuitive app that allows for quick and easy editing of GoPro footage on-the-go.
- iMovie: A popular video editing app for iPhone and iPad users, offering a range of features and tools to create high-quality videos.
- KineMaster: A professional-grade video editing app for Android devices, with advanced features like multiple video layers and chroma key compositing.
- Adobe Premiere Rush: A mobile version of Adobe’s popular video editing software, offering basic editing tools and cloud syncing with the desktop version.
- FilmoraGo: A user-friendly video editing app for both iOS and Android devices, with a range of features like themes, filters, and special effects.
- InShot: A popular video editing app for Instagram users, with tools like trimming, merging, and adding music and text to videos.
- PowerDirector: A feature-packed video editing app for Android devices, with tools like slow-motion effects, voiceovers, and video stabilization.
- Magisto: An AI-powered video editing app that automatically creates edited videos from your footage, with a range of themes and music options.
- Splice: A simple video editing app for iOS devices, with tools like trimming, transitions, and adding music and sound effects.
- VideoShow: A popular video editing app for Android devices, with basic tools like trimming and adding music and text to videos.
Best free video editing software with a free trial for professionals
For professionals looking for the best free video editing software with a free trial, Adobe Premiere Pro is a top choice. It’s a powerful tool with a wide range of features, making it a popular choice in the video editing world. However, it may not be suitable for all users, as it can be complex and requires a certain level of expertise. Other free video editing programs with varying ranges of functionality include DaVinci Resolve, HitFilm Express, and OpenShot. Each of these programs has its own unique features and benefits, so it’s important to evaluate which one is best for your needs. Before committing to a software, try downloading a few different options and testing them out to ensure the best quality and user experience.