Sometimes, these Mac fans can get a bit noisy. Issues with fan speed and noise in Mac computers are common issues.
If your Mac is making a lot of noise, or the fan speed is erratic, you will need to take certain measures.
In this article, we will explore the best solutions for fixing the fan speed issues on a Mac.
- Mac fans are used for cooling your system.
- If they’re working too slow, your Mac will overheat.
Rollback to the previous BIOS
- In the case that the user is unable to fix the mac fan speed issue, they have the option to roll back to the previous BIOS version.
- If that isn’t an option, the user may roll back the BIOS to a previous vendor version.
- Install the latest BIOS
If the previous steps don’t work, the user must install the latest BIOS version available.
Reinstall the BIOS
- Download the latest BIOS from the Lenovo website.
- Save the BIOS file on your desktop.
- Open the BIOS.
- Click on the Upgrade option.
- Choose the .BIN file you saved in your desktop earlier.
- Wait for the process to complete.
Repair the BIOS
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings app, then click the Update & Security option.
- Now, click the Windows Update tab.
- Select the Check for updates button.
Adjust your Power Plan
- Press the Windows key + I and select the Power & Sleep option.
- Under the Choose what the power buttons do section, click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
- Now, expand the Display link, and click on the Change plan settings link.
- Click on the Change advanced power settings to open Power Options window.
- Select the Choose what the power buttons do option, and click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
- Scroll down and expand the Sleep section.
- Uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
- Click on OK to save the changes.