Microsoft Photos is a good alternative for Windows Photo Gallery, but users reported that Microsoft Photos exe windows 10 error is preventing them from using it.
- If your Microsoft Photos app can’t open, it might be due to corrupted app files or missing dlls.
- You should run intelligent repair tools to fix corrupted files, and reinstall the Microsoft Photos app.
- You can also fix the Microsoft Photos not working dll error by reverting to the previous version of DirectX.
- You can also fix this critical Windows 10 error by uninstalling the NVIDIA drivers.
Run SFC and DISM scans
- Open the Start menu, type cmd in the search box, and right-click Command prompt.
- Click Yes on the UAC prompt.
- Input the below command and press Enter: sfc/scannow
- Wait for the scan to finish, and restart your computer.
Run the System File Checker
- To do that, click Start
- Go to Run
Click the OK button
- On the System Configuration window, go to the Boot tab
- Uncheck Safe boot box
- Click Apply and OK
Reinstall the Camera Capturing Software
- Press Windows Key + S and enter camera. Choose the camera from the list of results.
- When the camera app opens, click on Camera Settings.
- When Camera Settings opens, select Apps. Now locate the Camera Capturing Software in the list.
- Now select Uninstall.
- Restart your computer.
- Install the latest Camera Capturing Software
- Update the Camera Capturing Software
Remove External Hardware
- If the error still persists, then leave external hardware like the USB or DVD drive, and uninstall any software, programs or applications that don’t require it.
- Also, make sure to remove any external hardware that is used by the computer.
- Clean up the Registry
The registry is a central database that stores the system’s settings and important data.
- If there are any error or unwanted settings or files within the registry, then the system could create various errors.
- Therefore, we encourage you to first clean up the registry, and then try to install the software again.
How do I take a screenshot on Windows 10?
- Open your Start menu, type mspaint in the search field, and open it.
- Click the File option and select the Print.