Mozilla Firefox is a popular web browser, but some users have reported the Mozilla Firefox Download for pc exe file error on the Mozilla support page.
This issue can prevent you from downloading Mozilla Firefox, so in today’s article, we’re going to show you how to fix this problem.
- The Mozilla Firefox download for pc exe file can be the result of a corrupted cache.
- To fix this, you will need to clear your browser cache, another fantastic fix from our Fix section.
- Another quick solution is to uninstall and reinstall Firefox, yet another easy-to-follow guide.
- Using a dedicated third-party tool will also do the trick, so be sure to follow this guide.
Download Firefox from Mozilla website
- It’s recommended to download Firefox Portable, as it’s a simpler and lighter version than the full desktop version of Firefox.
- After downloading Firefox, run it, and you should see an .exe file on your desktop.
- Right-click the file, and choose Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab, and click on the Choose “Run this program in compatibility mode for” option.
- Now, select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) from the list, and click on Apply and OK to save the changes.
Enable Firefox Executable File Extensions
- Go to the Firefox Settings and click on the Extensions tab.
- Click on the Options button under the Executable File Extensions.
- Click the Open File button and locate the firefox.exe file in the folder where you have installed Firefox.
- Check if the file is there and select it.
- Restart Firefox.
Run Firefox as an administrator
Right-click on Firefox on Desktop
Select Run as administrator
- Click on Tools
Click on Add-ons
Click on Extensions
Under the Available Extensions section, click Load unpacked extension
- Click Choose extension file
- Locate the firefox-developer-edition-52.0.jar file
- Open the file
- Restart Firefox
Download Firefox Portable
- Download Firefox Portable from Mozilla’s official website.
- Locate the downloaded file on your computer.
- Double click on the file to start the download process.
- Once the download process is complete, locate and double click the downloaded file to start the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.