iTunes is the default way to listen to your music on iPhone, iPod, and iPad devices.
Unfortunately, not everyone uses iTunes, especially iTunes doesn’t offer support for all music formats.
Therefore, users may want to convert their MP3 files into M4R files in order to play them on iOS devices.
However, users reported that iTunes doesn’t convert MP3 to M4R, and in today’s article, we’re going to show you how to easily convert MP3 to M4R with iTunes.
- The MP3 to M4R iTunes Converter utility allows you to make changes to your iTunes music collection.
- You might want to convert songs from one format to another, but sometimes the conversion fails.
- If conversion fails, check the iTunes compatibility, or check the M4R option.
Check if iTunes is closed
- The iTunes app has to be closed before converting.
- Open iTunes.
- Click the iTunes menu and choose File > Library.
- Delete all music from the Music library.
- Reopen iTunes.
Try a different file format
- If your music file is an MP3, try converting it to M4R instead.
- Though, note that not all MP3 to M4R converters are reliable.
- Try a different converter
If the MP3 to M4R converter you’re using isn’t working, try a different one.
- A reliable MP3 to M4R converter is Audials Tunebite Platinum.
Convert with iTunes closed
- Close iTunes, and then open it again.
- Next, try converting an MP3 into an M4R in iTunes again.
- Check if you have the newest iTunes
- Launch iTunes, then check if you have the most recent version of iTunes installed on your PC.
- If not, go to the iTunes website and download the latest version.
- Check if you have enough disk space
To convert an MP3 into an M4R, iTunes requires at least 1.5 GB of free disk space.
- Check if you have enough disk space in your PC.
- Run an “Disk Cleanup” to remove the unnecessary files
- Right-click on the Start button then select “Disk Cleanup” from the menu.
- Select “Clean up system files” and then hit the “OK” button.