If you’re running Windows 11 and encountering errors related to MSVCR120.dll, you’re in the right place. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps to install this essential file and get your system running smoothly.
What is MSVCR120.dll?
MSVCR120.dll is a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file that is a part of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013. This file is essential for running certain programs on Windows 11 that require the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages. The DLL file contains code and instructions that allow programs to communicate with the operating system.
If you encounter an error message that says MSVCR120.dll is missing or not found when trying to run a program, it means that the DLL file is either corrupted or has been deleted. In this case, you will need to reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages or manually download the MSVCR120.dll file and replace the corrupted or missing one.
In the next subheading, we will discuss how to download and install MSVCR120.dll on Windows 11.
Causes of MSVCR120.dll errors
- Corrupted system files: MSVCR120.dll errors can occur due to corrupted system files that are necessary for the proper functioning of the software.
- Malware or virus infections: Malware or virus infections can damage the MSVCR120.dll file, leading to errors.
- Outdated or incompatible software: Using outdated or incompatible software can cause problems with MSVCR120.dll file.
- Incorrect installation: If the MSVCR120.dll file is not installed correctly, it can lead to errors.
- Missing or deleted file: If the MSVCR120.dll file is missing or deleted, it can cause errors in the software that requires it.
Methods to fix MSVCR120.dll errors
Methods to Fix MSVCR120.dll Errors
If you’re encountering MSVCR120.dll errors when trying to run certain programs or games on your Windows 11 PC, don’t worry. There are several methods to fix this issue and get your program running smoothly again.
Firstly, try reinstalling the program that is causing the error. This may replace any missing or corrupted files, including MSVCR120.dll.
If that doesn’t work, you can try downloading and installing the MSVCR120.dll file manually from a reliable source. Be sure to scan the file for viruses before installing it on your system.
Another option is to update your Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package. This may help fix any issues with the MSVCR120.dll file.
Lastly, you can try running a system file checker scan using the Command Prompt. This tool checks for and replaces any corrupted or missing system files, including MSVCR120.dll.
By using one or a combination of these methods, you can fix MSVCR120.dll errors and get your programs running smoothly on your Windows 11 PC.
How to download MSVCR120.dll in Windows 11
To download MSVCR120.dll in Windows 11, you can follow these simple steps:
1. Go to the Microsoft website and search for the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013.
2. Download the package that corresponds to your system architecture (32-bit or 64-bit).
3. Run the downloaded file and follow the installation instructions.
4. Once installed, the MSVCR120.dll file will be available on your system.
Alternatively, you can also try reinstalling the program that is giving you the MSVCR120.dll error message. This may automatically download and install the missing file.
Remember to always download files from trusted sources to avoid any security risks or malware infections.
How to properly install MSVCR120.dll in Windows 11
|1||Download the MSVCR120.dll file from a trusted source.|
|2||Extract the downloaded file to a folder on your computer.|
|3||Copy the MSVCR120.dll file to the C:\Windows\System32 folder.|
|4||Register the MSVCR120.dll file by opening the Command Prompt as an administrator and typing “regsvr32 MSVCR120.dll” without the quotes.|
|5||Restart your computer to complete the installation process.|