Slow computer performance can be a problem, and today we’re going to show you how to solve this common issue.
- If you’re having performance issues with your PC, maybe it’s time to update or reinstall your operating system.
- Keeping your software up-to-date is another way to boost your PC’s performance.
Modify your PC’s power plan
- Go to Change PC Settings
- Go to System
- Click Power & sleep
- Click Additional power settings
click-additional-power-settings.png” class=”size-medium aligncenter” style=”width: 50%; margin-top: 25px; margin-bottom: 25px;” alt=”Click Additional power settings”>
- Select Change plan settings
- Click Change advanced power settings
- Click Processor power management
- Uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
Use Disk Cleanup Tool
- To run Disk Cleanup, press the Windows key + S, type disk cleanup, and select Run as administrator.
- Next, select the drive you want to clean, and click on the OK button.
- Click Clean Up system files to clean up temporary files.
Perform System Maintenance
- Run the Disk Cleanup tool by right-clicking the Start button and selecting “Run”.
- Next, enter “cleanmgr” in the text field and click “OK”.
- This will bring up a list of system files that you can remove.
- Choose the “Clean up system files” and “Clean up system files (advanced)” options to clean up junk files.
- Disconnect any external hard drives from your computer to save space.
- Disconnect any unnecessary USB devices.
- Turn off any unnecessary devices.
- Remove any programs that you don’t use.
- Open Device Manager by right-clicking on the Start menu.
- Click Device Manager and expand the Display adapters section.
- Right-click on the display driver and select Update driver.
Use a third-party troubleshooter
- Download a third-party troubleshooter from the Microsoft website.
- Double-click the downloaded installer and run it.
- Click on Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Modify your registry
- Press the Windows key + R and type regedit and press Enter.
- Navigate to
- Modify the value of REG_SZ to “%AppData%MicrosoftMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRundllhost.exe”.
- Restart your computer.