However, some users are saying that they are unable to login to their routers after entering their username and password.
This could be due to the incorrect IP address or password.
In this article, we will explore the troubleshooting steps for Netgear router login IP password error.
- Netgear routers are among the most used in the world due to their versatility and ease of use.
- Users may have faced different login issues when using their routers, so today we’re covering some solutions.
- Check out our dedicated Routers section to find more useful guides.
- Browse through our fantastic Troubleshooting Hub to find answers to all your tech problems.
Check your router’s password
- On your desktop computer, type 192.168.1.1 in the browser’s address bar and hit enter.
- Log in by entering the default username and password of your Netgear router.
- Click on the Wireless Settings tab.
- Scroll down until you find the WiFi Security.
- Here, you should see the wireless password and your network key.
- If either of these are incorrect, change them.
Change the password
- The password for the router login IP is either the default password or the password that you use to login to the router admin interface
- Try resetting the router to the factory defaults.
- Change the default password and login with new password.
- If the login is successful, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and ask them to update the password.
- Use a reliable web browser.
Change the Netgear router default IP address
- First, open a web browser.
- Enter Google’s search engine keyword, then enter 192.168.1.1 in the search box.
- Then press the Enter key.
- Next, enter admin in the Username field and password in the Password field.
- Click Login to open the Netgear Setup Utility.
- Click Basic Setup to open the window shown directly below.
- Click the Administration tab shown directly below.
- Then click the Wireless tab.
- Enter a new password in the Password field.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
Reset the router
- Move the power cable of the router to different positions
- Use another power cable
- Unplug the router
- Wait for 30 seconds
- Plug in the router
How do I reset a Netgear router to factory settings?
- How do I configure a Netgear router?
Factory reset Netgear router using a USB device
- Reset the router manually
- Change the default IP to 192.168.1.1
- Change the default IP address manually
- Change the router password