Proxy servers are a common part of web browsing since they provide a way to bypass firewalls and block ads.
However, proxy servers are also used for illegal activities, such as piracy and copyright infringement.
Proxy servers are used specifically to hide your real IP and location. However, this can be detrimental to your device and your security.
Today we’re going to show you how to block open proxies.
- There are several reasons you might experience an Open Proxy Site error, for example, your VPN might be blocking it.
Update your browser
- Open Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.
- Click on the three horizontal lines at the top to open the menu.
- Click the About Google Chrome, Firefox, or Edge option.
- Now, click on Check for Updates.
Validate the proxy settings
- First, users should validate that their proxy settings are correct. Open your browser’s Settings.
- Then select the Privacy option.
- Select the Content settings option.
- Select the Override automatic proxy settings checkbox.
- Next, enter 127.0.0.1:8118 in the Port box.
- Click the OK button to save the new proxy settings in the browser.
Install the latest Windows updates
- Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and check for updates.
- Let Windows download and install available updates.
Use a VPN
- VPN is an acronym for Virtual Private Network. VPN is used to secure users’ privacy by encrypting their online traffic. A VPN also hides users’ physical location and IP address from trackers.
- But, when you connect to a VPN, it assigns you a new IP address. So, if you are connected to VPN, and you are using a proxy, then proxy can’t track you.
- A VPN also protects your data by encrypting it. So, if your traffic is passing through an encrypted channel, then it cannot be accessed by ISPs or hackers.
- All you need is a good VPN provider, like ExpressVPN. ExpressVPN offers military-grade encryption. It also unblocks geo-restricted content.