Sony’s PlayStation 4 is one of the most popular gaming consoles, and thousands of users purchase them each year.
However, since the console came out, various audio output errors have appeared on PS4 consoles.
Some users have posted audio output errors on the Sony PlayStation subreddit, including:
> My PS4 has been acting up lately. Whenever I play a game or watch a blu-ray > my system will shut off and back on. Also, my audio output begins to stutter > and cut out. This is extremely annoying when I am playing a game.
![sound problems on ps4](data:image/svg+xml,%3Csvg%20xmlns=’http://www.w3.org/2000/svg’%20viewBox=’0%200%20360%20270’%3E%3C/svg%3E)![sound problems on ps4](https://cdn.windowsreport.com/wp- content/uploads/2015/06/sound-problems-on-ps4.jpg)Sound problems on PS4 are a common issue, and in today’s guide, we will explore a few solutions to fix them.
- The PS4 is a very capable home console, and many users consider it to be their go-to option.
- However, there are times where you might run into issues, and in this guide, we’ll go over some solutions.
- Our Play Station Hub has plenty of interesting content, and if you’re looking for more articles, make sure to check it out.
- For more helpful guides, visit this Windows 10 Errors Hub.
Use Audio Out Cable
- First, connect the PS4 console to the TV.
- Next, use the audio cable to connect the audio output on the console to the audio jack on the TV.
Update your audio drivers
- Check your audio driver compatibility and check if it has a compatible version
- Update your audio drivers and install the latest version
Use Playstaion 3 Audio Cable
- Connect the PS4 controller to the PC’s USB port.
- Plug in the audio cable into the controller and into the PC’s microphone jack.
Modify your BST registry
- Open Registry Editor.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlAudioAudioPlayers
- To modify existing BST class number, double-click the AudioPlayers key.
- Change the “BST” (without quotes) value to the desired value.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.