Pop-ups are advertisements that can appear on any page on the internet.
Chrome users have reported that pop-up windows won’t close on their devices.
Some users have reported that when they click on a pop-up window, it opens but won’t close.
Fix this issue by following the steps below.
- Some pop-ups are annoying, but some are very helpful, too.
- If you’re facing a pop-up that won’t close, you can opt to disable it.
- The pop-ups are generated by the ads, and you can also try disabling ads.
Uninstall the unwanted apps
- Remove any unwanted apps from your Android phone.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Navigate to Apps.
- Then uninstall the unwanted apps.
- Delete unwanted files
Sometimes, unwanted files on your phone can prevent you from accessing websites.
- So, delete unwanted files on your phone.
- To delete files, open the Phone app.
- Then go to Settings.
- Under Storage, tap on Internal Storage.
- Now, select the unwanted files.
- Tap the Trash icon.
- Now, tap Delete.
- Press the Menu button on your Android device > choose Settings.
- Under Advanced Settings, scroll down and tap Reset > tap Reset again
- After the reset is complete, relaunch Chrome.
- Clear Cache
Tap Chrome >> Clear Data.
- Tap Clear Cache > tap Clear again
Clear cache and cookies
- Go to Chrome’s app drawer and select three dots.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Select Advanced and open Privacy & Security.
- Go to Clear Browsing Data option.
- Select everything here, including Cookies and Cached Images and Site Data.
Turn off Pop-up Blocker
- Open Chrome.
- Swipe down from the top of your screen to open Chrome’s menu.
- Then, tap More.
- Select Settings.
- Click the Site Settings menu.
- Then, choose the Pop-ups option.
- Finally, disable the Block Pop-ups option.
Install Chrome Canary
- Open Chrome Canary.
- Go to Menu and from the drop-down menu, click on Settings.
- In the Settings, go to the Advanced tab.
- Under the Privacy and Security section, select Content Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Click on Block Pop Ups and then click on Block Pop-Up Windows.