However, most of them report encountering Pro Tools clicking and popping error on their systems.
> I’m getting a popping and clicking noise whenever I try to record anything > in pro tools. I’ve tried everything I can think of to fix it.
- Pro Tools is a software commonly used by musicians.
- When Pro Tools is not working properly, the clicking and popping sounds can become annoying.
- Some users suggested installing the latest drivers, while others tried resetting their PC.
- Another quick solution: resetting the ASIO drivers, as you will see below.
Disable the Windows Audio service
- Open the Cortana search box and type services.msc
- Click Services in the search results to open the window below.
- Scroll through the list and double-click Windows Audio to open the window shown below.
- Select the Startup type drop-down menu, and set it to Manual.
- Now, click Apply to save the changes, and close the window.
Use the ASIO Driver
- Right-click Start and select Device Manager.
- Expand the Sound section.
- Right-click on the Audio device and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
- After this step, check if the issue is resolved.
Run the application in Admin Mode
- Launch the Advanced SystemCare, click General from the left pane.
- Next, click the Change Privileges option.
- Now, check the Run as administrator box.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Turn off Hardware Acceleration
- Press Windows Key + I to open Settings, then open System & Security, and finally, open System.
- Go to Advanced system settings, then choose Advanced tab, and then click on Settings.
- Now, go to Advanced tab and check Use hardware acceleration when available. Deselect that option if it’s checked.
- Restart your PC, and check if the error is resolved.
Update your Sound Drivers
- Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
- Expand the Sound, Video and Game Controllers section.
- Right-click on the Sound device you want to update and select Update Driver Software.
- Select the Search Automatically for updated driver software option.
- Wait for the system to download and install the latest drivers.
Perform a Clean Boot
- Type msconfig in Run’s search box, and click the relevant search result.
- Select the Services tab in the System Configuration window.
- Uncheck any services listed there that refer to third-party software.
- Press the OK button to close the window.
- Restart Windows.