If you’re a Red Dead Redemption 2 player, chances are you’ve come across the frustrating 0x20010006 error. This guide will provide you with solutions to fix the issue and get you back to your cowboy adventures in no time.
Understanding the RDR2 0x20010006 Error Code
One of the most frustrating issues that Red Dead Redemption 2 players encounter is the 0x20010006 error code. This error is commonly caused by connection problems, either with your internet or Rockstar’s servers. It can also be triggered by outdated game files or corrupted game data.
When you encounter this error, you will likely be kicked out of the game and receive a message that says “You have been disconnected due to an error on Rockstar game services.” To fix this issue, you can try restarting your router, updating your game, or verifying your game files. If none of these methods work, you can contact Rockstar support for further assistance.
Possible Causes of RDR2 0x20010006 Error and How to Identify Them
- Internet Connection Issues
- Server Problems
- Corrupted Game Files
Steps to Fix RDR2 0x20010006 Error:
Fixing Internet Connection Issues:
- Restart Your Internet Connection
- Check Firewall Settings
- Update Your Network Drivers
- Change DNS Settings
- Flush DNS and Renew IP Address
- Disable VPN and Proxy Connections
Fixing Server Problems:
- Check Rockstar Games Server Status
- Restart Your Router
- Disable Anti-Virus and Firewall Temporarily
- Reset Your Console or PC
- Use a Wired Connection Instead of Wi-Fi
Fixing Corrupted Game Files:
- Verify Game Files Integrity
- Reinstall the Game
- Delete and Re-download the Game
- Update Graphics Card Drivers
- Check for Windows Updates
Quick Fixes for RDR2 0x20010006 Error on PC and Consoles
- Restart your device.
- Turn off the device completely and wait for a few seconds.
- Turn on the device and launch RDR2 again.
- Check your internet connection.
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet.
- Check your internet speed and stability.
- Restart your modem and router.
- Clear cache and cookies.
- On your PC, open your web browser.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Delete to open the Clear browsing data menu.
- Select the time range and type of data you want to delete.
- Click on Clear data.
- Disable firewall and antivirus.
- Open Windows Security on your PC.
- Click on Firewall & network protection.
- Turn off the firewall for public and private networks.
- Disable your antivirus temporarily.
- Update your game.
- Check for any available updates for RDR2.
- Download and install the latest update.
- Restart your device and launch RDR2 again.
- Verify game files.
- On PC, open Steam or Epic Games Launcher.
- Go to your game library and right-click on RDR2.
- Select Properties and go to the Local Files tab.
- Click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait for the process to complete and launch RDR2 again.
- Contact support.
- If none of the above methods work, contact the game’s support team.
- Provide them with details about the error and steps you have taken to fix it.
- They may be able to provide you with a solution or further assistance.
Advanced Solutions for Resolving the RDR2 0x20010006 Error Code
If you have tried all the basic solutions and still encounter the RDR2 0x20010006 error code, you can try these advanced solutions.
1. Use a VPN: The error code may be caused by a network issue. Try using a VPN to connect to a different network and see if the error persists.
2. Disable Firewall and Antivirus: Sometimes, your firewall or antivirus software may be blocking the game’s connection to the server. Disable them temporarily and try running the game again.
3. Clear DNS Cache: Your DNS cache may contain outdated information, causing the error code. Open the command prompt and type “ipconfig /flushdns” to clear the cache.
4. Reinstall the Game: If all else fails, try reinstalling the game. Make sure to delete all the game files and registry entries before reinstalling.
These advanced solutions may require some technical knowledge, so proceed with caution. If you’re not comfortable with these methods, seek help from a professional.
Troubleshooting Tips for Persistent RDR2 0x20010006 Error
If you’re experiencing the RDR2 0x20010006 error while playing Red Dead Redemption 2, don’t worry. This error is quite common and can be easily fixed with a few troubleshooting tips. Here are some things you can try:
1. Check your internet connection: A poor or unstable internet connection can cause this error. Make sure your internet is stable and strong enough to support online gameplay.
2. Restart your router: Sometimes, resetting your router can fix internet-related issues.
3. Clear your cache: Clearing your cache can help resolve any game performance issues.
4. Check for game updates: Make sure your game is up to date with the latest updates and patches.
5. Verify game files: Verify the integrity of your game files through your game launcher.
6. Disable firewall or antivirus: Your firewall or antivirus may be blocking the game from connecting to the internet. Try disabling them temporarily.
7. Contact support: If none of these tips work, contact the game’s support team for further assistance.
By following these troubleshooting tips, you can fix the RDR2 0x20010006 error and get back to playing your favorite game.