Users reported that installing Realtek audio drivers to solve their audio issues on Reddit.
> Hi, I believe that my motherboard drivers may be having some serious problems. > I have 2 motherboards connected to my pc via usb 3.0.
> I have asus Z170 Pro Gaming and a asus z370 Pro Gaming. Both connected with > 3.0 headers. Both computers are connected via wifi.
> So my setup is 3.0 usb 3.0 usb hubs 3.0 usb 2.0 hdmi hdmi cable
> So when I boot the pc, everything starts up normally, but as soon as I > connect to my hdmi tv via hdmi cable, the audio starts glitching and > crackling.
And, as expected, many users are posting on forums about Realtek audio driver download issues.
- Realtek Audio Driver Download Reddit is a common problem that many are experiencing.
- One way to fix this issue is to replace the drivers with a third-party tool.
- Some users also fixed this issue by uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers.
Use a Registry Editor
- First, open Run with the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut.
- Enter the keyword regedit in Run’s Open text box, and click OK to open the Registry Editor.
- Click the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key on the Registry Editor’s left.
- Double-click the SoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionAudio key.
- Click the Disable sound event logging option on the Audio key.
- Then, right-click the Disable sound event logging option and select Modify.
- Enter 0 in the Value data box, and click the OK button.
- Press the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut.
- Enter appwiz.cpl in Run’s Open text box to open the Programs and Features Control Panel applet.
- Select the Realtek audio driver from the Uninstall/Change option.
- Then, click the Uninstall button.
- Restart Windows after uninstalling the driver.
Install a Realtek audio driver using Device Manager
- Press Windows + I to launch the Settings app and select Update & Security.
- Click on Check for updates on the left of the window.
Update your audio driver
- Go to Device Manager -> select Sound, video, and game controllers.
- Right-click on your Realtek audio driver -> select Update driver.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers.