Many users have reported that they are unable to pair their Bluetooth device with the PC under Windows 10.
> My bluetooth stopped working. The bluetooth device (Samsung Galaxy > S7) is not paired with the laptop. I uninstalled the bluetooth driver > and then reinstalled it.
Many users are also plagued by the Realtek Bluetooth driver error.
> Hi, I have a laptop with bluetooth 4.0. Unfortunately I am having the > following issue:
- Bluetooth issues usually arise due to outdated software on your PC.
- Realtek drivers can cause Bluetooth issues on Windows 10 PCs, so updating them is recommended.
- If the drivers aren’t the problem, then the problem could be with the Bluetooth adapter.
- You may need to update the Realtek Bluetooth stack by following the steps outlined below.
- Disconnect your Bluetooth devices, such as mouse and keyboard.
- After that, try installing your Bluetooth drivers once more.
- Remove and reinstall Bluetooth drivers
Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
- Locate the Bluetooth entry, right-click on it and choose Uninstall device.
- Now, click on Scan for hardware changes. Windows will now automatically install new drivers.
Uninstall and reinstall the Bluetooth drivers
Press the Windows key + S, type Device Manager, and select the relevant search result.
Locate the Realtek Bluetooth drivers and right-click them.
- Select Uninstall device from the menu.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
- Perform a Clean boot to troubleshoot Bluetooth issues.
Perform an SFC scan
- To open the Run accessory, press the Windows key + R hotkey.
- Type sfc /scannow in the Run accessory.
- Press the Enter key.
Create a new registry key
- Right-click on My Computer and select Run as Administrator.
- In the Run window, type regedit and press “Ok”.
- In the main window, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionBluetooth
- Create a new subkey called “DeviceProperty”.
- Click “OK”.
- Right-click on the DeviceProperty subkey and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the new value “PDIF”.
- Set its value to “1”.
- Restart your PC.
Use generic Bluetooth drivers
- Go to Lenovo’s official support website.
- Download the latest Bluetooth driver from the support page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your PC.