HP printers are a well-known brand in the market, and these printers are widely popular among home users as well as businesses.
One popular model of HP printers is the HP Photosmart C3100 series, and users have reported that they are unable to download any HP printer drivers.
The error message that users get when trying to resolve this issue is:
> The printer drivers are not available.
If you’re also troubled by this error, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you resolve the issue.
- The HP Photosmart C3100 series printer is common, but many users reported issues with the driver.
- To fix it, try updating your drivers with a reliable third-party tool.
- Another solution is to reinstall your printer software, so you can always run it.
Temporarily disable your antivirus
- Press Windows Key + I to open Settings, and select Update & Security.
- Now, select Windows Security from the left pane, and then click on the Virus & threat protection.
- Scroll down and click on Turn off Windows Defender Firewall.
Repair your printer driver
- Press Windows + R and type devmgmt.msc in the Run box.
- Double-click the Device Manager app.
- Expand the Printers option.
- Right-click your printer and choose Uninstall device.
- Select Uninstall, then select Uninstall the device software.
- Restart the computer.
- Install the drivers again
Update your drivers
- Go to Start > type Device Manager > open the first result.
- Expand the Printers section.
- Right-click the problematic driver and select Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
- Restart your computer.
Disconnect your printer from a USB hub
- Press the Home button.
- Swipe to the right and tap Settings.
- Tap Devices and Printers to open the Devices and Printers window.
- Right-click your printer, select Unplug from the dropdown menu, and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Disconnect your printer from the Ethernet cable
Update your Windows
- Press Windows + I to open Settings, and click on Windows Update from the left pane.
- Click on Check for updates button.
- Restart your PC when prompted.