Many gamers are having trouble updating their Sims 4 game. This can be a huge problem when playing The Sims 4, so in today’s article we’re going to show you how to resolve this problem.
- Users report the sims 4 updates error when installing the game via Origin.
- The sims 4 update error can also be resolved by running the game in compatibility mode.
- To fix sims 4 update errors, you need to use the Safe Mode and install the game again.
Download and install the patch manually
- You will need to have the official patch file manually downloaded and installed.
- If you don’t have the files, you will need to get them first.
- Navigate to the Sims 4 Downloads page.
- Click on the Official Download link.
- Click the Sims 4 Patch download link.
- Download the file.
- Run the file.
- Install it and restart your computer when prompted.
Update your graphics card drivers
- Most of the issues could be solved by updating your graphics card drivers. So, make sure that you install the latest drivers for your graphics card.
Update your Windows 10
- Download the latest version of the Windows 10 from Microsoft’s official website.
- Open the EXE file and go through the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
- Restart your computer to complete the process.
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app, and click on the Update & Security option.
- Select Windows Security from the left pane, and click on the Virus & threat protection from the right.
- Now, disable the antivirus.
- Install NVIDIA drivers
Download and install the latest NVIDIA drivers.
- Now, check if the problem is resolved.
- Set your graphics card to default
Go to Start and type Settings.
- In the search box, type display and open it.
- From the Display Tab, click on Advanced Settings and under the Manage 3D settings, click on Adjust for best performance.
Disable Windows Defender
- Run the Disk Cleanup tool
Update the Graphics Driver
- Update the Sims 4
- Remove Temporary Files
- Disable Windows Defender
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app, and select Update & Security.
- Select Windows Defender from the right pane, and click on the Open Windows Defender Security Center option.
- Click on the Virus & threat protection tab.
- Check all the boxes under Scan options and select Scan options from the right panel.
- Check all the boxes under Scan options, and select the “Scans all ports and addresses” option.
- Click on Scan now to start the scan.
Run the sims 4 as administrator
- Check for updates manually
Check for updates using “Update Assistant”
- Disable security in Windows
- Disable antivirus
- Disable firewall
- Disable any third-party software that monitors your Internet connection
- Try using a different computer
- Verify your graphics card drivers
- Update your graphics card drivers