McAfee is a trusted brand, and it’s used by many users to protect their devices.
However, some users have encountered the McAfee security center can’t be turned off.
This issue prevents them from turning McAfee off.
Additionally, some users have encountered the McAfee Security Center won’t turn off, and this issue prevents them from turning McAfee off.
However, there are some methods that users can try in order to resolve these issues.
Temporarily disable your antivirus software
- Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
- Expand the McAfee Antivirus section, right-click McAfee Antivirus, and select Disable.
- Click Yes in the confirmation prompt.
- Restart your PC and try to install the McAfee protection again.
Temporarily disable your firewall
- Open Run with the Windows key + R hotkey.
- Input â€ ̃firewall.cpl’ in the Open text box, and click the OK button.
- Then open the Exceptions tab on the window that opens.
- Click the Add rule to open a list of programs that the firewall allows.
- Then click the Add Program button to open the window below.
- Select the McAfee Security Center icon, and click the Next button.
- Select the Allow the connection option in the Connection Type drop-down menu.
- Then click the Allow button.
- Press the Back button.
- Select the Apply button.
- Select the OK button.
Run the McAfee Security Center Troubleshooter
- To do so, press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app and select Update & Security. Now select Troubleshoot from the menu on the left. Finally, click on Additional troubleshooters and look for the McAfee Security Center troubleshooter. Click on Run.
- The troubleshooter will now check for any McAfee Security Center-related issues and attempt to fix them.
Manually update Windows
- Open the Windows update troubleshooter by right-clicking the Start button.
- Select Troubleshoot settings to open the window shown directly below.
- Select the Windows Update option listed on the left.
- Then press the Run the troubleshooter option.
- Press the Apply this fix button if the troubleshooter finds a Windows Update issue.
- Then press the Update now button.