There are several reasons that can cause music download errors, such as faulty network or Internet provider, security settings, hardware or software.
However, if the issue persists, you can troubleshoot it by following a few simple steps.
- Some users reported that they receive video and music download errors on Windows 10.
- To fix this, you can try using an alternative software downloader that is compatible with Windows 10.
- Another solution would be to update your drivers, so follow our guide below for detailed instructions.
- You can also follow the below steps to repair your downloader by following one of the solutions we included.
Install the latest Windows update
- Reboot your PC after installing the update
Try to download music or videos from any third-party applications as they might face similar issues.
Reset the Windows Store app
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings app.
- Navigate to the Apps section.
- Select Apps & features from the list.
- Locate Windows Store app on the list.
- Click on Advanced options and choose Reset.
- Now, click on Reset.
Reset your Windows store app
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- Go to Update & Security section.
- Select Recovery from the left pane and under Reset this PC, click on Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Open Windows Store via PowerShell
- Press the Windows key + S hotkey, type PowerShell, and select Run as administrator from the results.
- Now enter this command line: Get-AppxPackage *windowsmusicvideo* | Remove-AppxPackage
- Press the Windows key + R hotkey, enter services.msc, and click OK to open the window in the shot directly below.
- Double-click the Media Streaming service to open its properties.
- Select the Startup type dropdown on the General tab.
- Select the Automatic option.
Run the Windows Update troubleshooter
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- Navigate to Update & Security.
- Select Troubleshoot from the menu on the left. Now click Additional troubleshooters from the right pane.
- Select Windows Update and click the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the troubleshooter.